The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Double 6.5/10

Decent and intrigued enough to read the Dostoyevsky. Good performances and nice cameos. Atmosphere definitely had the air of the gilliam 'Brazil' about it. Think it lacked something further to make it a really interesting film but still enjoyable.

About to watch Homefront with Statham.

Ben's so vain he watches his own films with fellow VTers?

tumblr_mb6oe64NST1qdqz7wo1_250.gif

he really wanted to watch it.

I'd have preferred the Transporter 3, but I'm nice like that.

Homefront ....decent stallone flick 

You were there too, Steve?

surprised i havent seen more people saying they've seen CA winter soldier

as expected i loved it, thought the political thriller tone was spot on with just enough silly action bits to remind you it was a comic book film, falcon was a good addition, i like mackie, its a great move if they push CA this way, IM if they do another further in to his depression, and then just leave thor as the silly all action one, id say what the most surprising thing is that much like IM3, this isnt a kids film, there were some toddlers in the cinema i was in, they dont stand a chance

also cant remember seeing a film with so many easter eggs in it, my favourite - 

fury's tombstone, his speech from pulp fiction

Under the Skin - 6 out of 10. It was a decent watch and I appreciate its a film that dared to be different but felt it didnt justify the over the top hype it has been getting from the critics. The first half of the movie was good then disappointed thereafter.

Im so pumped for the Raid 2 on friday!! Havent been this excited for a movie for a while.

It's like when we play GTA with him

v_simeon_art_1920x1080.jpg

the funny thing is I'm not even bald... Yet

Taxi Driver.

It has aged surprisingly well. I especially love the soundtrack still, how it mimics the dark and light of Travis at any given moment, often independent of whatever he is facing at the time.

I find it surprising how many people question the end scene, as though it's anything more than his dying fantasy. I hate having to cite people involved, but the producer confirmed all this in her autobiography. Seems obvious to me regardless and I liked how it tied the piece together.

• Like 2

the funny thing is I'm not even bald... Yet

That doesn't matter to VA when he thinks he's found your likeness.

Quiet, Tiny Lister.

Simeon has hair but like Ben, not much.

On the ending,

Schrader & Scorsese both said it wasn't a dream.

I was just typing the same thing - Read a couple of interviews with Scorsese which confirmed it.

• Like 1

Taxi Driver.

It has aged surprisingly well. I especially love the soundtrack still, how it mimics the dark and light of Travis at any given moment, often independent of whatever he is facing at the time.

I find it surprising how many people question the end scene, as though it's anything more than his dying fantasy. I hate having to cite people involved, but the producer confirmed all this in her autobiography. Seems obvious to me regardless and I liked how it tied the piece together.

On the ending,

On the ending,

I was just typing the same thing - Read a couple of interviews with Scorsese which confirmed it.

Might be a bit of a chore, I don't know, but you should all have a listen to this commentary, if you haven't already? Very interesting.

Maybe sync it up with the film? You probably have the DVD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_flduhfss

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â