The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Tell me Pitt doesn't over-act. Please tell me Pitt doesn't over-act. He's really good when he doesn't, but it's becoming rarer.

i still like him though, think he's done more good films than bad, needs to stay away from summer blockbusters because they're always shit (troy, smiths, WWZ) but other than that i can happily sit though a pitt film

think when you look at the likes of men who stare at goats and IB he is over acting by quite a bit but he still gets away with it because he's playing a good character

Maybe it's a phase. Like a mid-life crisis. Tom Cruise went through it for a good while and his recent roles seem to have a more subdued Cruise. Almost like he's back realising he doesn't need to be over-trying. Maybe we just need to wait for Pitt to come out the other side. FWIW I do like him and agree he has done more good than bad.

Just back from seeing 'The Wolf of Wall Street'. I really enjoyed it and thought the story was gripping. There were very slight pacing issues in the last hour for me, yet it was solid overall.

DiCaprio deserves an Oscar nod without a doubt as he carried the film on his back at times. Well worth seeing.

I read something the other day that said something along the lines of "wouldn't it be amazing if in 20 years time they made a film about how DiCaprio never won an oscar and the person playing him won an oscar for his role in the film"

It's Hollywood he'll get a token Oscar at some point ... Arguably he should already have one for Gilbert Grape though

DiCaprio is an outstanding actor and has been unfairly labeled the opposite because of his ‘looks’ for years now.

• Like 1

nah di caprio has shaken that tag a long time a go IMO probably starting with gangs of new york and gone by the time he'd done blood diamond

i'd say since catch me if you can he's been superb in everything apart from J Edgar (which was shit, good character ruined by the main story line focusing on him being a closet homosexual, far far more interesting aspects of his life they could have looked at but you know what yanks are like)

Edited by villa4europe

Tell me Pitt doesn't over-act. Please tell me Pitt doesn't over-act. He's really good when he doesn't, but it's becoming rarer.

Nah I don't think he does. He's not in it very long and plays quite an ordinary role. 

I liked J Edgar and though LdC was brilliant in it.

like i said i just thought they went for the wrong story, not sure if they thought portraying him as a closeted homosexual was a proper cock on the block thing to do but it didn't interest me, Hoover is a really interesting character and i thought the film went in the wrong direction

should have done more with the gestapo-esque anti communist dodgy as **** stuff

like i said i just thought they went for the wrong story, not sure if they thought portraying him as a closeted homosexual was a proper cock on the block thing to do but it didn't interest me, Hoover is a really interesting character and i thought the film went in the wrong direction

Yeah that is what I thought, wasn't there a lot of stuff with Nixon that they could have potentially used but they decided to talk about how he doesn't like dancing if I remember correctly (I fell asleep through it and don't think I ever bothered to re-watch it)

Haven't seen Poltergeist and Poltergeist 2 in years, but I do remember them as being very scary indeed. Leave them alone, and make your own films.

Spielbergs scariest film.

I dunno, ET has its moments... especially when he's lying in the stream, all white and dying. Freaked me out as a kid!

I remember finding AI quite scary.

(Bloody good film, mind. I almost cried at the end)

nah di caprio has shaken that tag a long time a go IMO probably starting with gangs of new york and gone by the time he'd done blood diamond

i'd say since catch me if you can he's been superb in everything apart from J Edgar (which was shit, good character ruined by the main story line focusing on him being a closet homosexual, far far more interesting aspects of his life they could have looked at but you know what yanks are like)

but even before then he was brilliant in Basketball Diaries

Yeah that is what I thought, wasn't there a lot of stuff with Nixon that they could have potentially used but they decided to talk about how he doesn't like dancing if I remember correctly (I fell asleep through it and don't think I ever bothered to re-watch it)

Yeah they clearly went the personality route rather than concentrate on what he did. Which is probably what made di Caprio's performance better, because it was about the man rather than his actions. Perhaps a part 2 that looks into that, or maybe 'they' would rather it not be made at all (or as is usually the case, be made inaccurately and re-write history).

Currently sitting in the cinema about to finally see The Hobbit DoS. I'm on my own, feel a bit weird, everyone else in here is with someone. Wish they'd turn the lights down and start the trailers already. I hate living nowhere near my friends :(

MV5BNzM3NzU2NzUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY2

Storyline

Nearly a year after a botched job, a hitman takes a new assignment with the promise of a big payoff for three killings. What starts off as an easy task soon unravels, sending the killer into the heart of darkness.

Just about to watch this, my mate raves about it to the point that it has kind of put me off it a bit but I don't have nothing else to do so I'm gunna stick it on

Currently sitting in the cinema about to finally see The Hobbit DoS. I'm on my own, feel a bit weird, everyone else in here is with someone. Wish they'd turn the lights down and start the trailers already. I hate living nowhere near my friends :(

Its something I have never done, gone to the cinema on my own but I have been considering it quite a bit, most of my mates just download them or stream them on the internet but I prefer to actually enjoy it on the big screen, there is one bird I often go with but she isn't into all of the film's that I like I want to go and see '12 years a slave' or whatever its called but I know that would probably leave her bored stiff so I am toying with the idea of popping along on my own for it.

MV5BNzM3NzU2NzUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY2

Storyline

Nearly a year after a botched job, a hitman takes a new assignment with the promise of a big payoff for three killings. What starts off as an easy task soon unravels, sending the killer into the heart of darkness.

Just about to watch this, my mate raves about it to the point that it has kind of put me off it a bit but I don't have nothing else to do so I'm gunna stick it on

It's one of my favourite films so I hope you enjoy it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â