The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched "World War Z" last night.  Wasn't impressed tbh, 5/10 out of best.  Was basically a dull, overlong episode of Walking Dead, and added nothing new whatsoever to the zombie genre.

I'd forgotten all about this, but just found it again on IMDb - due to be released later this year

Legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi and director Gil Kenan reimagine and contemporize the classic tale about a family whose suburban home is invaded by angry spirits. When the terrifying apparitions escalate their attacks and take the youngest daughter, the family must come together to rescue her.

Poltergeist! A 'reimaging' of it...scary indeed :unsure:

Haven't seen Poltergeist and Poltergeist 2 in years, but I do remember them as being very scary indeed.  Leave them alone, and make your own films.

The second one is quite poor in comparison to the first BUT it does have this fella:

julian_beck_as_rev_henry_kane_poltergeis

Who completely creeped me out when I first watched it years ago.

And after the 3rd one the little girl died :unsure:

And after they finished making the first one, like just after the premiere was it? The older daughter died in a motercycle accident :unsure: :unsure:

Cursed tbh :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Haven't seen Poltergeist and Poltergeist 2 in years, but I do remember them as being very scary indeed.  Leave them alone, and make your own films.

Spielbergs scariest film.

I dunno, ET has its moments... especially when he's lying in the stream, all white and dying. Freaked me out as a kid! 

• Like 1

The second one is quite poor in comparison to the first BUT it does have this fella:

julian_beck_as_rev_henry_kane_poltergeis

Who completely creeped me out when I first watched it years ago.

Believe it or not I still have **** nightmares about that ****, absolutely terrified the shit out of me.

And after the 3rd one the little girl died :unsure:

And after they finished making the first one, like just after the premiere was it? The older daughter died in a motercycle accident :unsure: :unsure:

Cursed tbh :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Yep. Just like The Exorcist. Remember when a few of the several hundred cast & crew died within a few years of the film being released?

Spooky

(not spooky. People die)

Happiness_DVD_cover.jpg

Where has this film been all my life? Absolutely magical. There's black comedy, and there's this which is more blackhole than merely black. A must see.

And for those that have seen both, is Life Through Wartime worth seeing as well?

sorry didn't see your post before i posted mine.

I have just stuck this on, I'd never even heard about it before I saw it mentioned on this thread, it seems to be my kind of film though

Has anybody seen the  film "cold fish". The japanese have a way of doing horror and gore...

Yep, I've mentioned it quite a few times in this very thread.

It's the second part of Sion Sono's 'Hate' trilogy and is absolutely sublime imo.

Oh thanks i will check the other two out. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â