The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I tried watching On the Road, but had to turn off after about 15 minutes. I thought it was really corny, it felt nothing like the book and I don't even like the book that turned out to be a real chore, but read it just to say I read it.

Watched A Good Day to Die Hard - wish i hadn't! Gaping plot holes, most notably:

how did they get from Moscow to Chernobyl in a stolen car full of Chechen guns in seemingly no time when in reality it would have taken 12 hours and crossing an international border. Not to mention the lack of security at Chernobyl

Edited by Xela

Is mystic river any good

ive heard its similar to prisoners?

Brilliant film.

Miles better then prisoners. Acting is superb especially sean penn.

Dont get me wrong I liked prisoners alot but it was ridiculously overrated. Id say prisoners was a 7 out of 10 movie. Mystic River a 9 out of 10.

Watched "The Prisoners" last night. Very silly movie with gaping plot holes and bad acting. Can't believe it's been so highly rated.

Are you referring to the film "Prisoners" or "The Prisoner"?
"Prisoners"...the one with Hugh Jackman who takes overacting to wondrous new levels in it
According to Tony H, Hugh jackman gave an oscar winning performance in Prisoners.

He probably did, It was a fantastic film, very well acted, beautifully shot. What gaping plot holes were there?

Bad acting? Really?

Easily one of the best films of the year.

I did indeed ... I thought it was a great film very well acted

If Bullock gets nominated for Gravity then it just shows how corrupt the Oscars are ... It's not about the acting anymore its about the brown envelope

Guns of Navarone - proper Christmas telly that.  Just need Where Eagles Dare now.

I'm more of a "Force 10" man myself

That's on today. These TV schedules aren't just thrown together, you know.  :D

• Like 1

Just watching The Hobbit (the first one, not the second)

What the hell have they done to it? I loved LOTR but this feels ridiculous, why have they turned Thorin into Aragorn? half the dwarfs just aint dwarfs.

I don't know it just seems like the reason they are making 3 films out of 1 book is so they can shoe horn as much stuff into it as possible to make it a Hollywood hit.

And don't get me started on Radagast.

Watched Pulp Fiction again last night. Its been a few years since I last watched it in full. What a film! Masterpiece.

Is there any Director who has such a constant high quality body of work as QT?

I was in a Waterstones the other day and overheard a woman asking the assistant if they had the book of The Hobbit Part Two. 

That is the horrible thing about making films from books, I read The Hobbit and LOTR when I was a lot younger (mainly because of Led Zeppelin) because I was interested in them, I know for a fact that my nephews will never read the books because these day's it is a hell of a lot easier to invest three and a half hours into a film and it is to read a book from start to finish

I was in a Waterstones the other day and overheard a woman asking the assistant if they had the book of The Hobbit Part Two. 

And did they?

trollface.png

He patiently explained. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â