The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw The Hobbit: DoS on Boxing Day (first session :)) and I was not disappointed.

The barrel scene was just ridiculously awesome and Smaug was fiendishly brilliant. Even bigger and better than I had imagined him in my mind.

Saw this in HFR 3D as well and was actually really impressed by the effect. I didn't see the first one in HFR, so I'm not sure how it compares, but this was like looking through a window. I think it worked especially well during the barrel sequence.

The film perhaps stretched a little towards the end and more liberties were taken with the source material than I was expecting, but it was one hell of a ride, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the final installment.

How come they don't show 'The Great Escape' anymore?

One of the great urban myths. "Ohhhh, boooring Christmas TV schedules, they always show The Great Escape, every year..." 

As a HUUUUGE fan of TGE, take it from me, they very rarely show it. Doesn't matter to me, I've got it on DVD , obviously, and I had it on VHS before that. But still. 

How come they don't show 'The Great Escape' anymore?

One of the great urban myths. "Ohhhh, boooring Christmas TV schedules, they always show The Great Escape, every year..." 

As a HUUUUGE fan of TGE, take it from me, they very rarely show it. Doesn't matter to me, I've got it on DVD , obviously, and I had it on VHS before that. But still. 

They always show escape to victory though don't they?

Saw Carnage the other day which is a film based on a play called God of Carnage by Yasmina Ray. It's a good showcase of acting (there are only 4 characters and they are played by Christoph Waltz, Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster and John C Rilley, so a proper stellar cast) but it's a bit slow. I've never seen the play but I imagine it works well onstage. On film however it's a bit boring and seems to drag even though it is just over an hour long but, if such things interest you, it's probably worth watching for the acting.

So yeah. Only new film I've seen all month and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Watched "The Prisoners" last night. Very silly movie with gaping plot holes and bad acting. Can't believe it's been so highly rated.

Are you referring to the film "Prisoners" or "The Prisoner"? 

"Prisoners"...the one with Hugh Jackman who takes overacting to wondrous new levels in it

Watched "The Prisoners" last night. Very silly movie with gaping plot holes and bad acting. Can't believe it's been so highly rated.

Are you referring to the film "Prisoners" or "The Prisoner"?

"Prisoners"...the one with Hugh Jackman who takes overacting to wondrous new levels in it

According to Tony H, Hugh jackman gave an oscar winning performance in Prisoners.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â