The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Gravity - 9 out of 10.

Managed to see it before it hits uk cinemas. What an absolutely brilliant film. Some atg cinematography, tense and exciting from start to finish. Cant wait to see it again on the big screen. Unless 12 years a slave is as good as expected then gravity easily wins film of the year.

Gravity - 9 out of 10.Managed to see it before it hits uk cinemas. What an absolutely brilliant film. Some atg cinematography, tense and exciting from start to finish. Cant wait to see it again on the big screen. Unless 12 years a slave is as good as expected then gravity easily wins film of the year.

Where did you see it?

Gravity - 9 out of 10.Managed to see it before it hits uk cinemas. What an absolutely brilliant film. Some atg cinematography, tense and exciting from start to finish. Cant wait to see it again on the big screen. Unless 12 years a slave is as good as expected then gravity easily wins film of the year.

Where did you see it?

Saw a copy of it. Quality wasn't great. Just wait to see it in cinema. It will blow your mind I'm sure.

it's interesting cause the trailers I've seen for Gravity it looks pants  .. made you feel like you were on a roller coaster ride with things just spinning aimlessly around

and for trying to rip off Wall-E with using a fire extinguisher to propel themselves it loses more marks 

yeah same here, it doesn't look anything special to me, its actually the gf that wants to go see it but most of the reviews seem to be saying bullock is almost a dead cert for best actress (in the same way that Jessica Chastain was last year...) and it'll be up for plenty other awards too

captain Phillips is the same, doesn't appeal to me at all

Edited by villa4europe

With Gravity I again face the dilemma of whether to see a film in 3D. I hate 3D but feel I'm missing out if I see a film like this in 2D.

The only cinema film I've seen in 3D is Life of Pi (most reviewers were raving about the 3D) and I thought the 3D was shite adding nothing to the experience.

I thought Life of Pi looked decent but the film itself was shite. I haven't watched it again in 2D so I can't say whether or not the 3D made a difference.

You might be too cynical to enjoy Pi Patel's allegory.  :)

About the 3D, I don't see the point in a load of flying fish jumping out of the screen at you. It adds nothing.

You might be too cynical to enjoy Pi Patel's allegory. 

Probably. I thought it was more 'profound' with its exploration of man's relationship with nature, or really the other way around - nature don't give a shit about us and we shouldn't pretend otherwise. I think it is a fair point and an important one for kids to realise pretty soon. I really did like the whole opening in the Zoo and the scenes with the family. On the other hand, the whole 'I choose to believe in a good story because it makes life more bearable' nonsense is just that. Maybe I missed something, but it did seem a bit apologist for my liking. I don't care how much comfort religion gives you, it doesn't make up for the unspeakable evil carried out in its name. I should probably read the book to get a better understanding but I have no desire to do so.

Went to see 'How I Live Now' without reading a review or knowing what it was about so had zero expectation.

Pleasantly surprise at how good it was and would recommend.

Really tempted to see this but really unsure as to its delivery.

What would you consider its strengths?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â