The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched Django Unchained a few nights ago and wasn't blown away by it. It was good. Waltz was brilliant but it was fairly standard Tarantino fare. Good soundtrack, mind. Was I wrong in thinking they went a little OTT on the N word too even allowing for the era. It just came across as Tarantino ramming it down our throats in a "they said it back then so I'll put it absolutely everywhere and they'll let me" kind of way.

I watched Django Unchained a few nights ago and wasn't blown away by it. It was good. Waltz was brilliant but it was fairly standard Tarantino fare. Good soundtrack, mind. Was I wrong in thinking they went a little OTT on the N word too even allowing for the era. It just came across as Tarantino ramming it down our throats in a "they said it back then so I'll put it absolutely everywhere and they'll let me" kind of way.

You are completely right in thinking it. I did like the movie. But when I saw it I was in a movie theater that was mostly African American. It was definitely too much. But I did like the movie. Christopher Waltz is my new older man crush! He was awesome.

I'll be watching Mud over the coming weekend - heard very good things and quite like Matthew McCounaghy

Watched it at the weekend mate - it's very good indeed (a little bit cliched here and there but a really nice story) and McCounaghy and the two kids are great.

• Like 1

Is mcconaughey any good in Mud

He hasn't played a decent role since his oscar worthy performance in Reign of Fire

Thought he was decent but it's a while since I've watched and I've watched a lot of shit in between now and then.

look out for 12 years a slave

the English guy in the lead will be an early favourite for best actor at the Oscars

Yeah, Steve McQueen's new movie. Top director indeed.

But Steve McQueen is dead...

Is mcconaughey any good in Mud He hasn't played a decent role since his oscar worthy performance in Reign of Fire

Lincoln Lawyer and Killer Joe.

Sahara and The Wedding Planner

I was only joking :) i think he's an ok actor at least he's tried to play alot of different roles over his career unlike other plastic actors who can only play a certain role such as Statham

Edited by AshVilla

I wouldn't be so sure about Pacific Rim getting a sequel

Guillermo confirms they're writing a sequel
Addressed in the very post I was quoted from - they may be writing a sequel, it doesn't actually make a sequel much more likely. The linked article itself has it straight from the horses mouth, it doesn't mean they'll be greenlit.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â