The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched Road to Perdition

I thought Tom Hanks was good but Jude Law WTF? i think Tbag from prison break could have played the role better

I dont think 'T bag from prison break' would have looked so good on the poster!

His name is Robert Knepper, and he's a bloody good actor!

I thought Tom Hanks was good but Jude Law WTF? i think Tbag from prison break could have played the role better

Did you not see him in Stargate Universe? :D

What was so bad about jude law?? He never had any dialogue did he ?? Well cant remember him having any lines to say.Im no fan of jude law but All he had to do was appear creepy and he pulled that off well enough.

Starship troopers - 1 out of 10. I know ive seen it years too late but seriously wtf is this shit??

So many people rave about it. Wasnt sure if it was meant to be a comedy or what. One of the worst films ive seen

No film with Denise Richards in it can be a 1  ..... add in Dina Meyer getting them out  and Starship Troopers is easily a 7 /10 maybe even an 8

at the risk of going all No country / Inception  ..maybe you "  just didn't get it "

The great thing about that film is you can watch it over and over again , it's just great mindless fun ... I mean I watched Prisoners the other day which is a superb film , but I couldn't watch it again for a good few years , ST you could watch it a week later and still enjoy

Boring Trivia in a list of many but it was the first DVD I ever bought and it was a " flipper "  , which you late comers to DVD's may not recall :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

It's currently on Sky Premiere but it looks like hard work.

Not at all. It's pretty much a straightforward family drama about two brothers, but the acting is top notch and the story is engaging.

No film with Denise Richards in it can be a 1 ..... add in Dina Meyer getting them out and Starship Troopers is easily a 7 /10 maybe even an 8

at the risk of going all No country / Inception ..maybe you " just didn't get it "

The great thing about that film is you can watch it over and over again , it's just great mindless fun ... I mean I watched Prisoners the other day which is a superb film , but I couldn't watch it again for a good few years , ST you could watch it a week later and still enjoy

Boring Trivia in a list of many but it was the first DVD I ever bought and it was a " flipper " , which you late comers to DVD's may not recall :)

So you give a film a 7 or 8 because it has a hot bird in it?? Remind me to ignore your reviews if that's your criteria lol

Also 'I just didn't get it'?? Not sure if you being serious but this is starship troopers we talking about not a paul Anderson masterpiece. Nothing to get, its a stinking pile of shite.

'Starship Troopers' is **** awesome. If you think there is 'nothing to get', then, well, I guess there isn't much to say.

Now tell me 'what is there to get'??. Its a mindless, childish space shootem up. Im all for mindless popcorn flicks. But I didnt like it. Im entitled not to like it. Complete BS that their is something to 'get' by this

well it is ...and it isn't

on one hand it's a satire on the American military and the expansion of American cultural norms across the rest of the world

on the other hand it could be seen as an endorsement of fascism

so you could say that  the political commentary and satire completely passed you by   .......

The " don't get it"  line was from before your time and was used by people who liked Inception or No Country for old men as a stick to beat people who didn't like those films with  .... it wasn't intended to be an insult just a VT in joke ( I'm one of those who hated No country for old men for the record)

Starship Troopers is as you say  a mindless popcorn flick , but it is soo much more IF you want it to be ....

• Like 1

Im sure he is, but who would put more casual bums on seats?

Boring Trivia in a list of many but it was the first DVD I ever bought and it was a " flipper "  , which you late comers to DVD's may not recall :)

LaserDisc FTW

if starship troopers is a 1 then I wouldn't recommend the sequel...

I loved it when it came out, it is a bit daft but I don't mind that, doesn't it hold the record for bullets fired in a film?

like Tony says it can be so much more, heard the book is really deep and the film just skims over it in order to make an action film, I do like how the producer of I am legend came out and criticised their use of the source material and promised to do a faithful version, maybe he should have read I am legend before saying things like that

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â