The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched the purge, really good premise. Some of it was pretty predictable and a little far fetched but overall it wasn't bad.

Does get you wondering whether you could kill if you had to.

I haven't seen the film but the premise gets me thinking more along the lines of "who I would kill if I was aloud"

On the Cineworld ticket front, it's a shame they don't do that in the Odeon. I go to the cinema at least four times a month and could really do with something like that Cineworld pass. It keeps getting more expensive as time goes by.

Where do you live? There's a few Cineworlds about.

cineworld also show a lot more films, foreign stuff and some indie movies that odeon doesnt seem to touch, my nearest cinema is merry hill but i end up going to wolverhampton or 5 ways (parking is free round the side, they validate your ticket at the end of the counter)

Just watched the purge, really good premise. Some of it was pretty predictable and a little far fetched but overall it wasn't bad.

I haven't seen the film but the premise gets me thinking more along the lines of "who I would kill if I was aloud"

Yeah there was that as well, also how I'd do it

I'd start with people who butcher the English language ;)

Went to see MofS last night at Imax.  Highly enjoyable and entertaining.  Great action sequences and the first 90 minutes or so was really great.  It turned out to be a little too long and had its major and minor flows.  I really liked it but I do think the Imax experience made it better than it was.  CGI fest also

I saw Crazy Stupid Love on the weekend.

Surprisingly good actually! The fact I wasn't expecting to like it may have lowered my expectations, but still.

Although I've never felt like less of a man than I did when Gosling took his shirt off.

• Like 2

Watched I ♥ Huckabees yesterday.  Thought it had some funny moments, but by and large was pretty dull (obviously bar Naomi Watts jiggling about the place in not very much).  I like a good absurdist caper as much as the next chap (Albert Camus school of goalkeeping FTW), alas I was just bored for most of this.

Watched The best exotic Hotel Marigold the other night. A little different feelgood film that I liked. You seldom see films about older people. At least here in the north they're too easily forgotten. Good actors too, like Judi dench, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson and Maggie Smith.

Watched The best exotic Hotel Marigold the other night. A little different feelgood film that I liked. You seldom see films about older people. At least here in the north they're too easily forgotten. Good actors too, like Judi dench, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson and Maggie Smith.

Now watch "Quartet" for comparison purposes.

I can't see mention of this yet in here so ...

There is no Loki in The Avengers 2

Joss Whedon: "No Loki in The Avengers 2"

Thor's bad brother will sit out the sequel.

We've got some bad news for fans of Tom Hiddeston

While appearing recently on Empire's podcast, writer-director Joss Whedon said Loki will not be in his upcoming sequel Marvel's The Avengers 2.

"I've turned in a first draft, but the story is very set. Everybody's very much on board with the exact movie I'm trying to make which is what worked the first time," said Whedon. "Immitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, and Loki is not there to say those terrible things."

I'd start with people who butcher the English language ;)

That is a common mistake for me to make, I always use the wrong one, it's like I have a little brain fart before typing it no matter how many times people have pulled me up about it.

I saw Crazy Stupid Love on the weekend.

Surprisingly good actually! The fact I wasn't expecting to like it may have lowered my expectations, but still.

Although I've never felt like less of a man than I did when Gosling took his shirt off.

Its a great film. Gosling topless in one scene, Emma Stone just being hot in every other scene. I was so confused.

Just back from Man of Steel.

Massively disappointed. A few good ideas knocking around and some decent performances spoilt by way too much CGI and a really poor storyline.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â