The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I'm sure it's been mentioned (I hope it has) just watched The Raid. If you like awesome fight scenes with a tolerable plot to back it up then watch it. Actually, the fight scenes alone are more than worth it. I want to go fight crime now. I need to fight someone..... Poor brumerican

Have you seen the latest Judge Dredd film?

I haven't actually......any good?

I'm sure it's been mentioned (I hope it has) just watched The Raid. If you like awesome fight scenes with a tolerable plot to back it up then watch it. Actually, the fight scenes alone are more than worth it. I want to go fight crime now. I need to fight someone..... Poor brumerican

Have you seen the latest Judge Dredd film?

I haven't actually......any good?

It's got a similar plot and feel. I like them both but prefer The Raid, you wrote about the fight scenes and they're a lot more graceful in The Raid than Dredd.

It's got a completely different tone to the Stallone film anyway. A lot better, has a tough edge and in this one the comedy sidekick is not comedy and plenty of kick.

Karl Urban is a good Dredd I think. I really like a lot of what Alex Garland does anyway.. 

Screen-shot-2012-11-15-at-16.16.50.png

Watched this last night - interesting insight into the independent music shop. Only problem I had with it was due to it's brevity (only an hour long) I don't think there was enough detail and many different musical periods (and their impact on the shops) were skimmed over.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen Movie 43? I want to see it. Reading wikipedia and the parts like iBabe, so bad that it has to be seen kinda thing. 

How could these actors turn up in it. 6 million budget so they didn't even get paid?!!

This is brilliant!...well, the website is more brilliant, cos the two times I opened it the header was showing firstly Berserk, and the All About Lily Chou Chou. It's like it can read my mind. It probably can. Read my computer. Not mind.

Twitch is a fantastic movie website, it's a must for fans of cult, indy and World cinema.

Delighted that we might get to see Hardy in an above average movie again.

He's a marvellous character actor but he has been typecast somewhat by the massss due to his physical exploits. I have wondered whether he trusts his talent enough to step out of the shadows of his "niche" of whether he just enjoys bulking up. It could also be that he's the only top class actor capable of such physical transformation.

Excuse the ramble, I really like Tom Hardy. Bronson was a bit if a watershed film for me. I hope his talent is given its dues in years to come.

• Like 1

That's the 2nd time I've heard of him being typecast. Star Trek:Nemesis. This Means War. Inception. Granted he's done some character films but I don't see the typecast accusation holding up tbh. Perhaps people just aren't watching his other stuff?

That's the 2nd time I've heard of him being typecast. Star Trek:Nemesis. This Means War. Inception. Granted he's done some character films but I don't see the typecast accusation holding up tbh. Perhaps people just aren't watching his other stuff?

It's more a perception issue. People see him as Bronson or the fella in the funny mask. He has been in an awful lot of average and occasionally shit films too which has lowered his stock somewhat despite his own performance. 

Star Trek: Nemesis, what a great shout!

That's what alerted me to him tbh. I saw it back when it was released and I thought he was utterly fantastic in it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â