The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

What's wrong with Clive Owen? :)

he listens to Queen  .....

He does? Always thought there was something special with him. In a good way. ;)

Well, I wouldn't call him an excellent actor, but he works very well in

Sin City and King Arthur, IMO. And I liked both films very much. Worked in Shoot 'em up too, which was a decent action film when you don't wanna use your brain too much. :)

Cage is a very average actor. He's good in Matchstick Men....but that's about it. He's also starred in the worst film I have ever watched....  Wicker Man. I hate him.

Behave. Leaving Las Vegas. Which I'll always bring up when Cage is discussed.

Cage is a very average actor. He's good in Matchstick Men....but that's about it. He's also starred in the worst film I have ever watched.... Wicker Man. I hate him.

He's good in Leaving Las Vegas and Bad Lietenant.

Cage is a very average actor. He's good in Matchstick Men....but that's about it. He's also starred in the worst film I have ever watched....  Wicker Man. I hate him.

Not seen it  :blush:

Con Air was a great film but not because of Cage. Malkovich steals the show in that one IMHO.

And then we come back to denzel as he's mentioned in it. ;) I think Cage is decent in it, but I agree. Malkovich steals the show. Together with the Marinetta mangler (can't remember the actor's name right now and can't be bothered to walk two yards to my right and look it up. Or to check IMDB. Lazy f**ker, I am).

Cage is yet another actor who annoys the **** out of me by being absolutely brilliant in some movies and then seems to commit career suicide with others. It's such a waste of talent.

Pick and choose carefully Nicholas.

Great film and Cage's acting deserved an Oscar. And he got it. :) But it's not an "easy" film.

I'll take a wild guess and say that I'm almost the only one on here who likes the National Treasure movies. :)

Con Air was a great film but not because of Cage. Malkovich steals the show in that one IMHO.

And then we come back to denzel as he's mentioned in it. ;) I think Cage is decent in it, but I agree. Malkovich steals the show. Together with the Marinetta mangler (can't remember the actor's name right now and can't be bothered to walk two yards to my right and look it up. Or to check IMDB. Lazy f**ker, I am).

Come on Pelle - you should know who Steve Buscemi is ;)

Buscemi is marmite. Thankfully I'm in the pro camp. The ex OTOH couldn't even look at him. Had a patho(il)logical hatred of him.

Finally got around to watching the final part of Sion Sono's 'Hate Trilogy' the other night.

20053910.jpg

Very good indeed.

Cold Fish (which is part II) is the standout but Guilty of Romance is a great way to round it all off.

I know, it's just that my head turned blank when I was trying to remember his name and thought that if I just named the character someone would tell me. :-D Of course3 I know who he is. :) Thought he was quite good in Armageddon too, but for me he's very much associated with Adam Sandler so I don't really like him.

Just ignore the shite he does with Adam Sandler. He's made some fantastic movies down the years like Trees Lounge, Fargo, Big Lebowski, Ghost World, Reservoir Dogs and he was great as Mr Shh in Things to do in Denver when you're dead (even though he was on screen for the total of about 2 mins) and last but not least, he's Nucky **** Thompson. :wub:

Great film and Cage's acting deserved an Oscar. And he got it. :) But it's not an "easy" film.

I'll take a wild guess and say that I'm almost the only one on here who likes the National Treasure movies. :)

I've seen the first National Treasure and thought it was a decent flick. A fun adventure trying to hark back to Indiana Jones.

Haven't seen the second one though.

I watched Trust.

Good. Scary! Sad...

God forbid I ever father a girl, I'd have her locked up with no Internet access, phone, and probably no TV. ever.

Liked it better than Megan is Missing, though. I mean there's letting the viewer know that the pedo is at large and will clearly keep doing what he's doing in Trust, and then there's...that...utterly devastating ending in Megan. Ugh man. Makes me feel bad just thinking about, and I like sick **** films :-(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â