The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Woke up and had to pop on the net to see the trailer for 'Pacific Rim'. Been waiting for this for a long time and it looks like a lot of fun. 2013 can't come fast enough!

They've already got the second film in development, which isn't much of a surprise to be honest. Hopefully 'Hellboy 3' will happen when this is a success...

Anyone seen the Hobbit yet?

As a avid fan of LOTR books/movies I can't bear the wait until Saturday anymore, please say it isn't a let down?

It's on the net already, I'm tempted but I will try and resist until Saturday.

Pacific Rim trailer has dropped.

Looks absolutely mental but really fun.

Gundam meets Godzilla.

Well of course the humans are going to win, apparently we've got GLaDOS on our side.

Anywho, the plot may look thinner than sugar paper and the acting may look cheesier than century-old gouda but OMFGMECHSICAME. :blink:

Just saw the Hobbit. Went with a huge fan and some one who had little interest in it. Both were very let down by it.

I enjoyed it though. It differs a lot in places from book and I can see a lot of people being unhappy with it. And at times it is slightly slapstick.

Visually it is equally stunning and absolute shit. It takes a few minutes to adjust to how sharp and fast everything is. But for me I thought some of the scenes were stunning. I have never seen anything as impressive. But on the flip side some effects are absolute shit especially around Radagast and look extremely cheap and shoddy in high def. there was a lot of blurring issues at time.

All in all a mixed bag but decent enough.

Well of course the humans are going to win, apparently we've got GLaDOS on our side.

Anywho, the plot may look thinner than sugar paper and the acting may look cheesier than century-old gouda but OMFGMECHSICAME. :blink:

Looks a bit shyyyteeee alright

Indeed. In some cases I can understand the changes, the troll scene had been completely altered to make it more of an action scene and also to drag it out. Had that remained faithful to the book entirely it would be fairly anticlimactic and finished inside a couple of minutes, which wouldn't play for a family fantasy film with a huge amount spent on the cgi in that scene.

And then there's other bits just added in - pretty much everything with Radagast for instance.

I did realise once I'd written 'word for word' that someone would pick up on it. What I mean is all of the details that aren't tinkerered with in the actual book, of which there isn't a great deal. The padding is chonologically there, fitted in from bits at the end of the Silmarillion and The History of Middle-Earth.

It's long, but I'm a Tolkein fan, therefore there really isn't such a thing as 'too long'.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â