The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

48 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Just watched The Substance. **** me what a film that was lol! Crazy shit 8/10

I've wrote a big ass review on that, I really enjoyed it, who thought eating shrimp could be so disturbing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speak No Evil, 7/10 good effort WB. Has James McAvoy been on the Marvel program? Looks like he's overdone it on the protien "shakes", he's absolutly jacked.

• Like 1

We watched the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas at the weekend.

It was ok, mixed emotions at the end but not as emotional as others had said it was.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Pinocchio 1940 with my boy.

No way Jiminy Cricket deserved that gold badge. Guy dropped the ball like a million times.

Useless.

Have you seen the latest version by Del Toro, i thought it was excellent.

Unlike the remake of the Disney version with Tom hanks which was awful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Just seen The Substance. Went in knowing nothing, came out knowing too much. What a great film that was, absolute amazing end

Thought the directors first film was better and almost as much fake blood

Trip down memory lane for me coming up on Friday. Booked tickets to see Twin Town at my local film place as part of Kevin Allen's 25th anniversary tour with a Q&A with the director afterwards.

I assume he'll be there in person rather than doing it over video link or somesuch. Either way should be a good way to start the weekend.

• Like 4

Really enjoyed Alien Romulus. Miles better than the Prometheus/Covenant nonsense while obviously not a patch on the first 2 movies.

Spoiler

The Ian Holm android thingy was a bit uncanny valley thou.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

Threads is on iPlayer, first watched it when I was 10/11 and probably the reason I got into the Fallout series. Such a good film, very haunting.

Grim is the only word I can think of for that programme.  

• Like 2

This week in conjunction with my twice-yearly long weekend "jaunts" to Amsterdam, I undertook quite the quadruple-bill.

Dungeons & Dragons - spent the duration texting my wife to get her to watch it as I was convinced that this is the funniest film ever made. I don't envision that will stand up to a more sober rewatch, but very enjoyable. 8/10

Puss In Boots The Last Wish - got as far as Salma Hayek conversing with Banderas then I just couldn't stop thinking about Desperado. What a great film Desperado was. 7/10

Tombstone - oh my God where is the back-end of this film? 9.5 huckleberries/10

The Pope's Exorcist - *peak* cinema. I didn't know the world needed a half-way house between Goonies and The Exorcist, but here it it is and it is glorious. Russell Crowe is the hip, moped driving exorcist who just refuses to play by those Vatican pencil-pusher's rules.  No sir, he has far loftier goals; to kick arse for the pope himself and look damn chubby doing it. What a film. 666/10.

• Like 1

still-Do-Not-Expect-Too-Much-from-the-En

Do Not Expect Too Much from the End of the World (Radu Jude) - An overworked and underpaid production assistant drives around Bucharest

Takashi-Miike-Midnight-02.jpg

Midnight (Takashi Miike) - A night in the life of Tokyo taxi driver Midnight, as he encounters quirky characters on his nocturnal trade

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 07/10/2024 at 23:37, The_Rev said:

image.thumb.jpeg.339013c0023686ab53262e9ffdc1ad94.jpeg

On Netflix.  I’m not a prolific movie watcher but Past Lives is probably the best thing I’ve seen in years. 

Thanks for this, just watched it. Nice film - the ending had echoes of Casablanca. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â