The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

John David Washington on the ban list.

I'm not watching anything with this guy again, might just be the least charismatic bloke since Phil Neville.

Had to Mooney. Seems I've seen him in a few things and thought he was a decent actor.  

Only just realised Denzel is his dad!

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

Had to Mooney. Seems I've seen him in a few things and thought he was a decent actor.  

Only just realised Denzel is his dad!

Isn’t that all he has going for him? 🤣 Not sure if I have seen him in anything over than Ballers (HBO series) and he wasn’t all that good in that 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

John David Washington on the ban list.

I'm not watching anything with this guy again, might just be the least charismatic bloke since Phil Neville.

I like him, he was phenomenal in Ballers and great in Blackkklansman and The Creator too.

I don’t lay any blame for the incoherent Tenet on him either

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I like him, he was phenomenal in Ballers and great in Blackkklansman and The Creator too.

I don’t lay any blame for the incoherent Tenet on him either

Forgot that one, he was good in that from what I remember 

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree on him in Ballers 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Brian and Charles has been sat on the watchlist for a while now and got round to watching it. Should have watched it sooner really, great stuff.

Genuinely one of the funniest movies I've seen in the last decade.

My exact sense of humour in film form 👌 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Genuinely one of the funniest movies I've seen in the last decade.

My exact sense of humour in film form 👌 

it's because I knew what David Earl was going to serve up that I thought I wanted to be in the right mood for it, so it's just sat there waiting to be watched for a while.

Stupid and lovely in a way I haven't seen since maybe Lars and the real girl, (which is high praise from me due to how much I love Lars and the real girl),

Spoiler

but with loads of added Mr Petrescu.

MrsVM is away and when she gets back I'll be watching it again.

• Like 1

spacer.png

I was initially very sceptical about this one. It was a remake of a movie only two years old and that particular movie was a brilliant piece of dark horror examining the extremes of good manners and expected behaviour in society.

Have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It's very good, with a beautifully menacing performance from James McAvoy. There are some key differences from the original (which is still the superior film) but the palpable sense of uneasy dread remains even though the nihilism is toned down.

Well worth a watch.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â