The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Not sure if this was a subconscious choice based on recent events, but I rewatched this tonight.

spacer.png

It was one of the best movies of 2022 imo and a second watch just confirms this.

Incredibly powerful and moving with the ensemble cast all putting in superbly nuanced performances.

Always difficult to get the balance right with this kind of subject matter and not veer into mawkish sentimentality and sensationalism but its all handled brilliantly by first time Writer/Director Fran Kramz (remember the Stoner guy from Cabin in the Woods? Yeah him!) So he's definitely one I'll be watching out for in the future.

Its on Sky Cinema btw.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2024 at 16:12, sheepyvillian said:

The monologue by Hardy towards the end of The Drop, it's a lesson in life, and it takes a special kind of actor to deliver such lines with aplomb. 

He’ll never top this performance 

8 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

He’ll never top this performance 

It's strange, because I've been quite critical with some of Hardy's roles, especially the Krays film and Al Capone, terrible over acting. However, I thought be was great in The Drop, Mad Max and Lawless. 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's strange, because I've been quite critical with some of Hardy's roles, especially the Krays film and Al Capone, terrible over acting. However, I thought be was great in The Drop, Mad Max and Lawless. 

Have you seen Locke? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Have you seen Locke? 

I haven't. That's the one where he's on a road trip driving his car. Someone else recommended that to me. I think it may have been my aversion towards anything by Stephen Knight that stopped me watching it. An aversion hardened all the more by his dreadful series This Town. 

Finally got a chance to watch bad boys 4.  Quite easily the worst of the four. 

They need to stop making these now. They are predicable, the jokes are lame and the storyline is just shite.

On 05/08/2024 at 09:59, Demitri_C said:

Finally got a chance to watch bad boys 4.  Quite easily the worst of the four. 

They need to stop making these now. They are predicable, the jokes are lame and the storyline is just shite.

And yet was infinitely better than the latest Beverly Hills Cop film, a low bar I will admit.

16 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

And yet was infinitely better than the latest Beverly Hills Cop film, a low bar I will admit.

Yeah that beverly hills film was poor. I think cpming to america 2 was the worst of the lot

Borderlands reviews...oh boy. 5/10 at best seems to be the concensus. I don't suppose anyone who knows the development history will be surprised, but imagine there will still be fans of the franchise who are disappointed. 

Doing my usual watch a crap film a week routine, I think I've found the worst one this year. I'm 46 mins into No Way Up and the only actor I've heard of has already died.

Its shocking

51 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Doing my usual watch a crap film a week routine, I think I've found the worst one this year. I'm 46 mins into No Way Up and the only actor I've heard of has already died.

Its shocking

Update

It got worse

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â