The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Smile (Horror on Netflix)- Load of rubbish.  3/10

Not having the best of viewing experiences recently, buy the look of your last couple of posts🤣

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

image.png

Furiosa - 8/10
The rest complete pile of rubbish 

It's been a while since I've disagreed with a post so much but each to their own 😁

(I do agree about Furiosa though, absolutely loved that).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's been a while since I've disagreed with a post so much but each to their own 😁

(I do agree about Furiosa though, absolutely loved that).

You must think every movie is good then? 

• Confused 1

Funnily enough, I just couldn’t get into Furiosa. I suspect it is because I’ve never seen any of the Mad Max films, which is even stranger because they’ appear to be right up my street. never seen the Godfather either 

For the amount of films I watched I find the above perplexing

42 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

You must think every movie is good then? 

Not at all.

The four you pictured I very much enjoyed though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Funnily enough, I just couldn’t get into Furiosa. I suspect it is because I’ve never seen any of the Mad Max films, which is even stranger because they’ appear to be right up my street. never seen the Godfather either 

Surprised by that. I would have thought the MM films would be right up your alley.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I like all the Mad Max films but I found Furiosa boring and, as you say, hard to get into. I haven't met a single person who enjoyed it. It felt pretty pointless and did nothing better than Fury Road. 

• Like 1

Came across a film today called guardians which is a Russian dubbed avengers type flick. It was really crap but I couldn’t turn it off and actually enjoyed it in the end. Anyone who is a fan of a superhero franchise give it a go not sure why, but for some reason it’s worth it.

On 13/07/2024 at 20:41, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Hmmmm. Not gonna lie, that fell way short of what I was expecting.

It's not a bad movie at all, and the atmosphere it generates is commendably dark but it's just a bit...😐

Glad it wasn't just me then. I enjoyed it. As you say, not a bad movie. But I didn't leave thinking 'wow'.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 20:41, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Hmmmm. Not gonna lie, that fell way short of what I was expecting.

It's not a bad movie at all, and the atmosphere it generates is commendably dark but it's just a bit...😐

I went to watch this last week and I got the same sort of feeling as you did, I went into it without seeing any trailers or anything.

They nailed the atmosphere and feel of the film but its almost as if they concentrated too much on that and neglected the other areas.

I enjoyed Maika Monroe's performance but again there just wasn't much behind the character, Nic Cage was Nic Cage doing Nic Cage things whilst wearing a rubber mask.

Decent film and I really enjoyed it but it could have been a lot better with a little bit more work. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 07/07/2024 at 08:17, Follyfoot said:

I was just going to come on and review this this morning after watching it yesterday

image.jpeg.a981111cfcd0de98a0a51dd99aaf75ac.jpeg

Very good indeed the ‘sounds’  are excellent and it’s a different take on the slasher movie. The best way to describe it I would say is it is a thinking man’s Friday the 13th/Halloween. I hope they make a couple more at least.

Saw this at the cinema last night 

Agree completely with what you wrote above. Really enjoyed it.

One particular part I thought was nice was...

Spoiler

As soon as Johnny had presumably picked up the locket, you never saw him again and it was just the final girls paranoia. I think they deliberately made it seem like the woman who picked her up was her up could be Johnny's mom which was a great nod to Friday the 13th 1 and a beautiful red herring.

Also, If anyone else enjoyed this and hasn't seen...

spacer.png

Then I recommend you do. It's another 'from the viewpoint of the killer' but done as a mockumentary. It's really good fun and a must-see for genre fans.

Edited by Designer1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â