The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Do we not need to qualify this with a few more details. Like how he caused the death of three people, including two kids, because of his arrogance. 

Absolutely agree. A horrific and avoidable tragedy and one he played a big part in from all accounts.

I was talking about him purely as a Director of some terrific movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

no Cameron Poe 😤 or Leaving Las Vegas

Sheepy already mentioned Leaving Las Vegas (his best role imo).

As for Con Air...it's OK for a popcorn flick but not something I'd be in a rush to see a second time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'll take Kietiel's Bad Lieutenant every day of the week. 

Very different movie though (not a remake) and as a big fan of Herzog I thought it was terrific.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

He has made some stinkers down the years (like most actors) BUT...he's done some terrific work too. Off the top of my head:

Dream Scenario
Adaptation
Bad Lieutenant
Bringing out the Dead
Kick Ass
Mandy
Joe
Color out of Space
Pig
Matchstick Men
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

When he's good, he is GOOD.

I love the Nic Cage debate, some brilliantly funny clips doing the rounds on it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Sheepy already mentioned Leaving Las Vegas (his best role imo).

As for Con Air...it's OK for a popcorn flick but not something I'd be in a rush to see a second time.

That one where he was the Las Vegas magician who could see into the future was quite good if I recall. Think it was with Jessica Alba, which is probably why my interest was caught

48 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Very different movie though (not a remake) and as a big fan of Herzog I thought it was terrific.

It's so underrated. 

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

He has made some stinkers down the years (like most actors) BUT...he's done some terrific work too. Off the top of my head:

Con Air

When he's good, he is GOOD.

Finally got around to watching Morbius.

Can I please have the last 90 minutes of my life back so that I can spend it doing literally anything else.

One of the worst film's I have ever seen.

• Haha 1

Con air is a moment in time, it's a film that a lot of us of a certain age will remember very fondly, same with gone in 60 seconds and face off but they'll probably have aged better 

The Rock is his best film 

Matchstick men is seriously underrated 

It sometimes seems to me like he owes the tax man money and has to take anything he can get his hands on 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Finally got around to watching Morbius.

Can I please have the last 90 minutes of my life back so that I can spend it doing literally anything else.

One of the worst film's I have ever seen.

I skipped that one as it looked dog shit thanks for sparing me 90 minutes  mate 😂

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I skipped that one as it looked dog shit thanks for sparing me 90 minutes  mate 😂

I intended to skip it but the wife wanted to watch it. I told her it was meant to be awful.

"But Jared Leto and Matt Smith are really good, they wouldn't be in a bad film."

They really were.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Con air is a moment in time, it's a film that a lot of us of a certain age will remember very fondly, same with gone in 60 seconds and face off but they'll probably have aged better 

It sometimes seems to me like he owes the tax man money and has to take anything he can get his hands on 

Wild at Heart

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No “seems” to it, it was reality not terribly long ago 

• Like 1

MaXXXine lived up to expectations for me, very pleased.

Although I **** hate when Vue have posters for films they're not actually showing in that branch, got my hopes up when I saw In A Violent Nature but it's not actually screening anywhere near us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

MaXXXine lived up to expectations for me, very pleased.

Although I **** hate when Vue have posters for films they're not actually showing in that branch, got my hopes up when I saw In A Violent Nature but it's not actually screening anywhere near us.

I was just going to come on and review this this morning after watching it yesterday

image.jpeg.a981111cfcd0de98a0a51dd99aaf75ac.jpeg

Very good indeed the ‘sounds’  are excellent and it’s a different take on the slasher movie. The best way to describe it I would say is it is a thinking man’s Friday the 13th/Halloween. I hope they make a couple more at least.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Hit Man on Netflix was great great fun.

all about a fake hitman, working for the New Orleans Police posing as a Hit Man to catch people wanting to hire him to kill.

Brilliantly written and well acted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Hit Man on Netflix was great great fun.

all about a fake hitman, working for the New Orleans Police posing as a Hit Man to catch people wanting to hire him to kill.

Brilliantly written and well acted. 

100% agree, really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â