The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes Netflix is an absolute power house, they're cracking down on sharing and got more users than ever,  they're absolute juggernauts...but how are they dropping 150m on a Beverley Hills Cop (allegedly)

Safe to say they've got a few bob.  They've paid $5bn to air WWE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes Netflix is an absolute power house, they're cracking down on sharing and got more users than ever,  they're absolute juggernauts...but how are they dropping 150m on a Beverley Hills Cop (allegedly)

Indeed. The media were speculating that they would lose aload of subscribers after that move but they seem to still be doing well. Netflix with wwe as well next year will get even more popular 

6 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Holy 💩, didn't even there was a 3

It was terrible. Murphy had no interest in making it but eventually relented and you can clearly see his indifference. 

Even being directed by the great John Landis couldn't help that one.

As for the new one, I think it's pretty good. I actually preferred it to 2.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It was terrible. Murphy had no interest in making it but eventually relented and you can clearly see his indifference. 

Yeah it was good to be honest alot better than i expected. I did fear the worst after coming to america 2 whoch i thought was awful

• Like 1

The next week or so should be interesting.

Tickets booked for MaXXXine and Longlegs. Two of my most anticipated movies of the year so far.

Longlegs in particular looks to be knocking it out the park if the reaction to the preview showings are anything to go by.

Oz Perkins is a very interesting director and I've been impressed by his output so far so fingers crossed.

Also booked up for Twisters, which looks like a decent popcorn flick.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

The next week or so should be interesting.

Tickets booked for MaXXXine and Longlegs. Two of my most anticipated movies of the year so far.

Longlegs in particular looks to be knocking it out the park if the reaction to the preview showings are anything to go by.

Oz Perkins is a very interesting director and I've been impressed by his output so far so fingers crossed.

Also booked up for Twisters, which looks like a decent popcorn flick.

Spoiler

Can not wait to see Cage in full rampage satanic killer mode 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Still unable to watch a film with Nicholas Cage. Leaving Las Vegas being the exception. I think it was the shocking  remake of The Wicker Man that done it for me. Atrocious acting!

He has made some stinkers down the years (like most actors) BUT...he's done some terrific work too. Off the top of my head:

Dream Scenario
Adaptation
Bad Lieutenant
Bringing out the Dead
Kick Ass
Mandy
Joe
Color out of Space
Pig
Matchstick Men
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

When he's good, he is GOOD.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

He has made some stinkers down the years (like most actors) BUT...he's done some terrific work too. Off the top of my head:

Dream Scenario
Adaptation
Bad Lieutenant
Bringing out the Dead
Kick Ass
Mandy
Joe
Color out of Space
Pig
Matchstick Men

no Cameron Poe 😤 or Leaving Las Vegas

Edited by Follyfoot

17 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Do we not need to qualify this with a few more details. Like how he caused the death of three people, including two kids, because of his arrogance. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Dream Scenario
Adaptation
Bad Lieutenant
Bringing out the Dead
Kick Ass
Mandy
Joe
Color out of Space
Pig
Matchstick Men

I'll take Kietiel's Bad Lieutenant every day of the week. 

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Do we not need to qualify this with a few more details. Like how he caused the death of three people, including two kids, because of his arrogance. 

Absolutely!! Should have got a life sentence. Despicable man.

• Like 1

Â