The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I can't deal with films, they take too long, but I've just watched The Founder again for probably the 10th time.

I genuinely don't know if it's considered a good film, but I love it. 

24 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I can't deal with films, they take too long, but I've just watched The Founder again for probably the 10th time.

I do definitely have to be in the right frame of mind for anything 3+ hours in length these days, and I definitely appreciate anything with a tight 1 hr 45 run time.

8 hours ago, T-Dog said:

The founder is a top film but I don't think I would do multiple viewings TBH. It's a great bit of history too. 

• Like 1

Corner Office on Freevee.  It's had fairly bad reviews generally but I thought it was great.  Basically about a guy with mental health issues that starts a job at a new company and takes a special interest in the plush office in the hallway that nobody else can see but where he does really productive work and that is his solace away from the other workers. 

Starring John Hamm. It really had me gripped.  Quite a surreal film.  

8/10 WB. 

Edited by Jon
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just back from...

spacer.png

Definitely my favourite of the three films in the series.

This has a more streamlined, character focused narrative and much more emotional heft with terrific performances from the two leads.

Good stuff.

• Like 2

On 25/06/2024 at 18:53, useless said:

isawthetvglow.jpg

I Saw The TV Glow (Jane Schoenbrun) - Some good ideas, and overall pretty good, at times Lynch influence felt too obvious maybe, but had it's own feel too

I really did not like this film. It was wierd and boring

• Like 1

Â