The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Finally got a opportunity to watch super size me

I knew mcds was bad but **** me that shit is poison 

Dunno if you're timing was deliberate but Morgan Spurlock died a couple of weeks ago.

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Dunno if you're timing was deliberate but Morgan Spurlock died a couple of weeks ago.

Its funny you mention this as after the film i googled to see if he was healthy after this film and was suprised to see he died recently. I do what wonder how much the film contributed to his cancer

His results were terrible at the end of the film

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its funny you mention this as after the film i googled to see if he was healthy after this film and was suprised to see he died recently. I do what wonder how much the film contributed to his cancer

His results were terrible at the end of the film

He also later admitted to being a raging alcoholic at the time of filming, although he lied during the filming and stated he was teetotal, which would explain why his liver was in such a mess during the scene where his doctor states he can't quite believe a 30 day diet of McDonalds has such an affect on the liver. 

1 hour ago, jones1328 said:

He also later admitted to being a raging alcoholic at the time of filming, although he lied during the filming and stated he was teetotal, which would explain why his liver was in such a mess during the scene where his doctor states he can't quite believe a 30 day diet of McDonalds has such an affect on the liver. 

Wow really. Didnt know that. As at the beginning of the film all his bloods came back fantastic.  He was very healthy. Why you would do this 'experiment' having these issues beforehand you are asking for trouble

3 hours ago, jones1328 said:

So we can have maccies now then

On 22/06/2024 at 15:48, rodders0223 said:

That super size me documentary is absolutely nonsense. Not seen it in well over a decade but I remember a scene where he has a breakfast or something and he's chucking up in the car park. Absolutely nonsense.

You think he just made that up? What part of it is it nonsense? You think he made up the whole film? Or you think mcds isnt bad for you ?

Just watched girl in the trunk.  Please dont watch it. Probably the most stupiest ending ive ever seen

Spoiler

The cars turned over in middle of nowhere with a snake in there why the hell would you go in ? Thats just stupid 😂

Finally managed to get this on Imported Blu ray after it being on the list for a long while...

spacer.png

It's very well thought of in the Horror community and after watching it I can see why.

Definitely one of the strongest FF movies I've seen in a while and a must watch if you're a fan of that sub-genre (or Horror in general).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You think he just made that up? What part of it is it nonsense? You think he made up the whole film? Or you think mcds isnt bad for you ?

Of course it's not great for you, I'm a healthy guy and don't even eat McDonald's and it was likely much worse back then, but I'm pretty sure I can eat 3 meals a day (was it?) and not vomit all over the place.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Of course it's not great for you, I'm a healthy guy and don't even eat McDonald's and it was likely much worse back then, but I'm pretty sure I can eat 3 meals a day (was it?) and not vomit all over the place.

The thing is all he was eating McDonald's breakfast lunch and dinner. If they asked him to supersize he had to say yes no matter what. I think under those conditions i absolutely would have been sick all over the place

8 minutes ago, useless said:

VirginSuicides-1.jpg

The Virgin Suicides (Sofia Coppola) - Very good movie, stays on your mind afterwards

b4f66237d1ce4cc66036714f856abda2.jpeg

Being John Malkovich (Spike Jonze) - Entertaining film, enjoyed it

Two absolute belters there @useless 👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Oh man.

That looks fantastic. If anyone is ridiculously well suited to a new version it's Eggers.

Yeah it looks really good. Pumped for this one.

• Like 1

Â