The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Anybody here ever seen Leaving Las Vegas, with one of my favourite actors Nicolas Cage.

Seriously deep film, couldn't work out if it was a master-piece or a completely average, Definitely pulled at some of my heart strings though, very emotional film. Elizabeth Shue is an absolute hotty! Stings soundtrack throughout the movie goes perfectly. It's definitely a must see if you're into this sort of film. 2 Words to describe - Hauntingly Beautiful.

Watched Unknown last night.

Really recommend it, quite similar to taken in the way that you only know as much as the main character (liam neeson) knows, i think this works really well here and its a fast paced ride with a somewhat original story.

Oh and Diane Kruger is stunning (inglorious and troy)

8/10 from me.

tokyo_gore_police_mb10.jpg

Just bizarre. Quite enjoyable in a "what the **** hell am I watching?" kind of way.

Edit: **** you, picture fail.

Now THIS has caught my attention. I must investigate moar.

It is insane. Utterly bonkers. There's a fetish club scene that just... well, ugh I'm not gonna spoil it but it's probably best not be eating anything whilst you watch it and don't say I didn't warn you.

Decent drink, that.

Anyway someone pointed out Rutger Hauer's old film The Hitcher, on tonight on ITV at some outrageous hour.

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up. :thumb:

Decent drink, that.

Anyway someone pointed out Rutger Hauer's old film The Hitcher, on tonight on ITV at some outrageous hour.

Coincidentally, I bought it this week from sainsburys of all places for the princely sum of one pound. Worth it for the finger scene alone.

Dunno if anybody else has mentioned it on here, but 'Die Welle' ('The Wave') is currently on iPlayer and is bloody good, definitely worth it if you get a chance.

Cheers for that, I watched half of it the other night but it was getting a wee bit late and I didn't finish it. Interesting idea, I hope the ending isn't shite.

Decent drink, that.

Coincidentally, I bought it this week from sainsburys of all places for the princely sum of one pound. Worth it for the finger scene alone.

Rutger Hauer is a god

Matthew Vaughn wont **** it up imo, it will be solid.

Fox are trying the upmost to **** up the marketing though, by seemingly putting a 12 year old in charge of the posters.

Vaughn has already had a stern word to Fox about them.

I hope he doesn't mess it up. I enjoyed 'Kick-Ass' and 'Layer Cake' but I thought 'Stardust' was poor. I just hope he can bring his best to it. Apparently it will have a 'Bond' film feel, which may work. I'm just concerned about the whole tie-in to the Cuban Missiles Crisis and how that will play out. Plus I'm not convinced by some of the character choices, or the time period, being that it is supposed to be a prequel to the original X-Men films. The ages would make no sense...

As i suspected, its not half bad... ;)

And again... ;)

I really hope that they have finally done the X-Men justice in a film.

However, the basic flaws in the characters are already a big issue for me. I'm sure they won't be an issue for people that aren't fans of the X-Men, but Fox really should have shown some more love to the actual fans.

how to train your dragon

i suppose it depends if you still like to watch these kind of things (im 26) personally i love them, ive got 2 young nephews so i have to "test" these films before they can watch them! its on sky movies this week, its good, not as good as the soon to be on despicable me but still well worth a watch

Tucker and Dale V's Evil is brilliantly done satire and well worth a watch. (There are HD copies online)

Cedar Rapids is also great viewing too... Just watched it in fact !

Cheers Slovenian (For Tucker n Dale)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â