The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched "Biutiful" and "Blue Valentine" at the weekned.

Thought Biutiful was very very good. I did think there were a couple of plot items that were unnecessary, one particularly large one.

But ultimately I thoguht it was a quality film, and Bardem was brilliant in it. He's an excellent actor.

Blue valentine was a bit more soppy, not normally the type of film I'd go for, but it was still good. Gosling was the highlight.

I loved Blue Valentine, although anything with Gosling in is usually great. :D Looking forward to his new film Drive, got some very good reviews.

Recently watched...

Solyaris_6.jpg

Brilliant film, it's quite a long one and hard to follow at times but it's broken down into two parts which gives you a break if needed. My first Tarkovsky film, and visually it was beautiful for its time very much like 2001 by Kubrick.

Also watched...

HE_EdukatorsThe.jpg

Very fun watch, you may notice the one guy from Inglourius Basterds. It can't be taken very seriously, you just take it for what it is.

I loved Blue Valentine, although anything with Gosling in is usually great.

Indeed. I really did like it, and it's stuck with me which is always a good sign.

I'm really surprised because the person I borrowed it from (a girl if that amakes any difference) HATED the film. And I mean hated. It cost her 14 quid and she doesn't want me to give it back to her. She has no intention of watching it again!

Solyaris_6.jpg

Brilliant film, it's quite a long one and hard to follow at times but it's broken down into two parts which gives you a break if needed. My first Tarkovsky film, and visually it was beautiful for its time very much like 2001 by Kubrick.

Watch the remake w/ Clooney. I actually preferred it, mostly down simply to the modern producation values making it look even better, one of the best looking films you'll ever see. As for Tarkovsky, try Stalker next, very very good!

just watched bad lieutenant, really dont see the fuss, got some really good reviews but i dont know how, yes cage is good in it but being cage is still as annoying as **** but for me the biggest flaw is the flick of a switch ending, just utter bullshit IMO

Also watched...

HE_EdukatorsThe.jpg

Very fun watch, you may notice the one guy from Inglourius Basterds. It can't be taken very seriously, you just take it for what it is.

Good film - I first watched it as the basis for some A-level German coursework, and have seen and enjoyed it a couple of times since then. And Julia Jentsch is pretty cute.

Matthew Vaughn wont **** it up imo, it will be solid.

Fox are trying the upmost to **** up the marketing though, by seemingly putting a 12 year old in charge of the posters.

Vaughn has already had a stern word to Fox about them.

I hope he doesn't mess it up. I enjoyed 'Kick-Ass' and 'Layer Cake' but I thought 'Stardust' was poor. I just hope he can bring his best to it. Apparently it will have a 'Bond' film feel, which may work. I'm just concerned about the whole tie-in to the Cuban Missiles Crisis and how that will play out. Plus I'm not convinced by some of the character choices, or the time period, being that it is supposed to be a prequel to the original X-Men films. The ages would make no sense...

As i suspected, its not half bad... ;)

And again... ;)

just watched bad lieutenant, really dont see the fuss, got some really good reviews but i dont know how, yes cage is good in it but being cage is still as annoying as **** but for me the biggest flaw is the flick of a switch ending, just utter bullshit IMO

Pretty much agree with that, couldn't believe what i was watching at times, cage is off the bloody wall.

Pretty much agree with that, couldn't believe what i was watching at times, cage is off the bloody wall.

It's Another Pointless Remake.

Harvey Keitel >>>>> Nicholas Cage.

It's not a remake.

It's not a remake.

Whether remake, re-imagining, follow-up or none of the aforementioned, both movies are clearly connected by the basic plot of following a drug addicted, violent cop during his encounters with crime and sex.
imdb

no i saw that on wiki, the director claims he'd never heard of the original when he made BL:PoCNO which to me seems a bit fishy due to the title add on that isnt needed

Yep, Herzog has said in quite a few interviews it was never intended as a remake/sequel or anything else linking it to the Keitel original. Fwiw, I enjoyed both immensely.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â