The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

It's the comic book film I've least wanted to watch. Not an inspiring character, one of the weakest of Marvel's front line roster, and I can't escape the feeling if Marvel hadn't wanted to make an Avengers film, a Thor movie would not exist.

It's no Street Fighter Movie

...luckily, it isn't. The Street Fighter film makes Mortal Kombat look Oscar worthy. It's one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I've seen AVP2. Twice. Only good thing about that film is Raul Julia.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I liked Thor, agree with chindie he's not a great character and IMO he hasn't got legs, but iron man 2 was a bit shit wolverine was **** dire CA and the GL both look just about ok and xmen 1st class could easily fail

I wouldn't be surprised if Thor finished the year as the best comic film

I wouldn't be surprised if Thor finished the year as the best comic film

It will be hard to beat, being that it nailed the tone perfectly.

Hopefully 'Captain America' will be a pleasant surprise too. I'm not overly impressed with the trailers for that, yet I wasn't overly impressed with the 'Thor' trailers and that turned out well.

I was always a big 'X-Men' fan and am looking forward to that too, even though it will probably be crap. I swear that Fox are trying their hardest to ruin the X-Men in any way possible. One thing that does seem quite promising is the cast. Especially Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Xavier. No Cyclops and Jean Grey is bloody stupid though...

I was always a big 'X-Men' fan and am looking forward to that too, even though it will probably be crap. I swear that Fox are trying their hardest to ruin the X-Men in any way possible. One thing that does seem quite promising is the cast. Especially Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Xavier. No Cyclops and Jean Grey is bloody stupid though...

Matthew Vaughn wont **** it up imo, it will be solid.

Fox are trying the upmost to **** up the marketing though, by seemingly putting a 12 year old in charge of the posters.

Vaughn has already had a stern word to Fox about them.

Matthew Vaughn wont **** it up imo, it will be solid.

Fox are trying the upmost to **** up the marketing though, by seemingly putting a 12 year old in charge of the posters.

Vaughn has already had a stern word to Fox about them.

I hope he doesn't mess it up. I enjoyed 'Kick-Ass' and 'Layer Cake' but I thought 'Stardust' was poor. I just hope he can bring his best to it. Apparently it will have a 'Bond' film feel, which may work. I'm just concerned about the whole tie-in to the Cuban Missiles Crisis and how that will play out. Plus I'm not convinced by some of the character choices, or the time period, being that it is supposed to be a prequel to the original X-Men films. The ages would make no sense...

The posters were truly awful and I'm not quite sure what was going on with them to be honest. These two could have been quite good if they had left the faces off them:

Witness_The_Awful_New_Character_Posters_For_Men_First_Class_1299637850.jpg

xmen_first_class_magneto.jpg

The faces just seem to be randomly stuck in the middle.

At last the thread moves away from comic book back to real movies. Planet of the Apes is a classic.

Why are comic book not real films?

I know you admitted your a film snob but i'm wondering why?

I just think comic book films are never as good as the comics themselves.

Anyway, Planet of the Apes > Comic book films :D

Planet Of The Apes is great.The 60s one.

I'd forgot the beginning and how good it is .

- on sidenote i saw the Tim Burton remake a few weeks ago as well and had forgotten how shit it was.

I've only seen the 60s version, I have no interest in the newer one. Tim Burton's remakes are a bit crap, look at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :|

When I heard that the Burton film changed the story I refused to watch it. The whole cyclical timeline of the originals is what makes them so brilliant.

Planet Of The Apes is great.The 60s one.

I'd forgot the beginning and how good it is .

- on sidenote i saw the Tim Burton remake a few weeks ago as well and had forgotten how shit it was.

I've only seen the 60s version, I have no interest in the newer one. Tim Burton's remakes are a bit crap, look at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :|

For some reason i originally thought Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes remake wasn't THAT bad when first saw ...but ...saw again recently - and **** me it is terrible .

And yes Tim Burton hasn't made a decent film since the early 90s or something

Gone With The Wind starting on TCM2 now. Think I'll record it. Along with Casablanca it's one I really should watch and get out of the way as it were.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â