The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Over the weekend I watched The Take (once called Bastille Day) and Sing Street.

the former was your typical taken/bourne-esque euro terrorist action flick with idris elba and robb stark. For a mindless 90mins it was pretty fun and easy to watch. 

Sing street could be easily compared with a teenage commitments based in Dublin in the mid 80s. It's very good, with some very funny bits but some characters weren't developed enough which was a shame. 

I'd recommend both. 

Finally got around to Mad Max Fury Road on Sunday . Absolutely stunning to look at and some truly amazing stunts. They appeared to have actually used real people and vehicles throughout, rather than CGI and it really pays off .

Best action film I have seen in a long time .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Finally got around to Mad Max Fury Road on Sunday . Absolutely stunning to look at and some truly amazing stunts. They appeared to have actually used real people and vehicles throughout, rather than CGI and it really pays off .

Depends how you define  cgi  but yep it was real in the sense you mean it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

This guy gets it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane this evening. Really enjoyed it, I liked how they managed to give a tense, psychological thriller, a science fiction edge.  

Is that 2nd one? if so, I enjoyed it alot for most of it, can't say I was a huge fan of the final act though

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Is that 2nd one? if so, I enjoyed it alot for most of it, can't say I was a huge fan of the final act though

I think so yeah. Kind of agree, and think the film would have been good without doing what they did with the ending. However, I did enjoy the bat shit craziness of it. 

• Like 1

Brooklyn - enjoyed this last night. Loved it really even. Felt completely wrapped up in the time, and Saoirse ( genuine q, how do you pronounce that, I had to put S Ronan into Google ) Ronan is phenomenal. Though I will say the dilemma that is presented doesn't seem overly convincing to me as there's only one plausible outcome, but that's only a minor criticism. 

55 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Saoirse ( genuine q, how do you pronounce that)

Saoir rhymes with hair. The se is effectively sha (no not that one :P). So it's 'Sair-sha' or some go with 'Seer-sha' depending on where they're from. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You seen terminator 1&2?

im hoping the answer is yes...

Beverly hills cop, the thing, lost boys, weekend at bernies

Having just seen the others mentioned I could understand why you'd think I'm that bad, but yes I've see the terminators, Beverley Hills Cops and Lost Boys. Was thinking of more classic most sees rather than weekend at bernies...(unless you are actually being serious)

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So having watched the Alien trilogy and Blade Runner recently, any recommendations of other must sees?

"Brazil" is a great movie to continue the sci-fi theme.  More surreal than Alien and Blade Runner though.

Have you seen Thelma & Louise which Ridley Scott also directed? The cinematography of the American west is fantastic. It was filmed in Arizona and Utah and it's worth a watch for the landscapes alone. 

There are a lot of "must sees" from Kubrick of course.

Edited by TheAuthority
Kubrick

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â