The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched race, Jesse Owens film, it's ok probably a bit polite and friendly, tells you about it and skirts around saying something without actually going deep enough for me, the real story is the hypocrisy of his legacy, the man who suffered racial abuse pretty much every day in America going over there and beating those dirty racist Germans...

25 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Meet the Feebles is **** bonkers brilliance.

You know you are watching a good movie when a puppet walrus says in a strong Kiwi accent " I was about to toss my cookies!".

Sharp suits, fast cars, flash locations and birds from different backgrounds in various states of undress (Russian chick? Check. Chinese chick? Check. Latina chick? Check)

It's like Top Gear meets Nuts magazine

I liked it! The new lead takes over the mantle from Statham nicely.

6/10 WB

%22The_Transporter_Refueled%22_poster.jp

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Utter garbage, such a star spangled banner waving crock of shit! 

Not worth any of the 4 points you've given it. 

I saw this gem made it into Mark Kermode's top ten worst films of 2016.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2016 at 08:09, Stevo985 said:

"The Amazing Spider-man" (2012 one) was on last night.

I managed about half an hour.

Dreadful.

I fell asleep at the cinema during Spiderman 3, at least I think it was that one. Which is quite an achievement considering it was the loudest, most obnoxious peice of shit I'd ever paid money to witness. 

Most of them are like that to me though. I quite like some of the 'alternative' comic book movies, like deadpool and guardians of the galaxy and anything conceived by Alan Moore is worth a look, however stuff like the endless Spiderman reboots boil my piss. They're lazy money making schemes, if I never see one again it'll be too soon. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I fell asleep at the cinema during Spiderman 3, at least I think it was that one. Which is quite an achievement considering it was the loudest, most obnoxious peice of shit I'd ever paid money to witness. 

Most of them are like that to me though. I quite like some of the 'alternative' comic book movies, like deadpool and guardians of the galaxy and anything conceived by Alan Moore is worth a look, however stuff like the endless Spiderman reboots boil my piss. They're lazy money making schemes, if I never see one again it'll be too soon. 

I have this theory, the lesser known the comic book character is, the better the movie. Your Super, Spider, and post Nolan Bat men are well known, but the movies generally suck balls. Because the characters are already famous and beloved as well known comic heroes, some moronically evil producers may think that idiots will spend money to see ( insert adjective/noun here)man just because he is in a frikkin movie. However, with your lesser known characters, to get them over the line, the movie is going to need a decent plot and the promise of at least some really good SF eye candy if they are going to coax the non comic reading public into the theatres, hence why I think the lesser known comic characters make the better movies.

The contradiction to this theory is Batman. Batman is a great character. He has no powers. He is just James Bond in funeral pyjamas and a cape. He is a given success. If you stuff Batman up, you shouldnt be trusted with a puppet show, let alone another movie.  Burton and Nolan did good Batman. Schumacher and Snyder did bad Batman, because they deviated from the source material, thought having a decent plot wasnt needed, because it was Batman, and that was all that was necessary.

Was surprisingly erm surprised by the secret life of witty Mitty , possibly the first Ben Stiller film I've actually liked

im sure there must be others just i always kinda confuse his films with Adam Sandler so can't be sure 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â