The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Sully last night 

when I first saw the trailers for this I wondered how the heck you stretch the events out into a film but tbf Eastwood did a pretty decent job , probably one more for plane Geeks than one that you take the Mrs to though.

If the landing events portrayed in the film are accurate , and from reading of events it appears that it is ,then those people can thank their lucky stars he happened to be the pilot that day ... people in the cinema clapped Star Wars when it ended on sat , I kinda felt the urge to clap sully after that landing ... I'd go so far as to say Sully would probably do the Kessel run in less than 10 parsecs 

boring fact amongst many but watched this with my mate who got the phone call minutes after the plane went down to lock down all the engine data , seems engine data by and large is open to just about anyone within the organisation he works for (maintenance crews and what not ) so he had to hide it before it was leaked ... 

Edited by tonyh29

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Busted on the copy and paste.

i couldn't risk being hounded by the Star Wars fan boys if I got the spelling wrong so I confess I took it from Wookipedia to be sure i got it right 

• Like 1

I watched Sully too yesterday, very much worth my time I found, but as you say the girly got a bit bored in parts. It basically boiled down to 'so he was right then' for her.

Man, I really do love Tom Hanks though. What a guy. I'll be really sad when he goes, but I imagine he has many movies left in him yet.

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

One of my biggest surprises of 2014 was how much I enjoyed John Wick.

Perfect action fodder.

Yeah it was a real surprise hit and some of the gunplay scenes were incredible .

The sequel looks like a great supporting cast as well. 

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of the worst, most hateful films I've ever seen. One of a very small, select group of movies where I left the cinema almost shaking with anger. 

Which film?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of the worst, most hateful films I've ever seen. One of a very small, select group of movies where I left the cinema almost shaking with anger. 

What was it that riled you?

I've seen it and just filed it with all the other action fodder. 

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

If the landing events portrayed in the film are accurate , and from reading of events it appears that it is ,then those people can thank their lucky stars he happened to be the pilot that day .

I assume it's about as accurate as possible. The cockpit dialogue is word for word what they actually said.

Just now, darrenm said:

?!

I assume you mean is it as _good_ as it looks. The answer is, no, it's even better.

My instinct is its yet another spoof superhero - but I hear nothing but wall to wall praise - At the moment I'm still trusting my instincts 

Just now, hippo said:

My instinct is its yet another spoof superhero - but I hear nothing but wall to wall praise - At the moment I'm still trusting my instincts 

Hmm. Sounds like it isn't for you. Best move on ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â