The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 6/30/2016 at 18:04, Zatman said:

went to see Central Intelligence with absolute dread and surprisingly not bad mainly because The Rock is just so likeable

Kevin Hart on the other hand is just a Chris Tucker wannabee

Imagine wanting to be Chris Tucker :blink:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Watched the new fantastic 4 ....mainly for kate mara (would) ......but my god ........what a waste of my life ...1/10

Sounds like the previous Fantastic 4 films.

There's elements of a decent movie in the F4 reboot. But the whole that we got to see is dreadful. Possibly the only movie I know where you can pinpoint the exact moment the studio said 'Nope', wrestled the steering wheel from the director and tied him to the mast for the rest of the production while they 'fixed' things.

Has one of the strangest endings of any blockbuster I can recall. It just sharts out an ending.

Worse, Fox keep hinting they might not completely abandon it. It's dead, bury it and let it rot. Or better, give the rights back as you seem incapable of not **** it up.

Edited by Chindie

Rewatched Dredd tonight for the first time in a while.

Just such a good action movie. It's a travesty it didn't make more money. Absolutely deserves a sequel but it'll never get one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Rewatched Dredd tonight for the first time in a while.

Just such a good action movie. It's a travesty it didn't make more money. Absolutely deserves a sequel but it'll never get one.

Last I heard they were touting it to netflix

9 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Oh Christ............london has fallen .......0.5/10 

Man, you really have been watching some shite recently, haven't you? Are you a movie masochist?

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Last I heard they were touting it to netflix

Yeah they were pushing the idea it could get picked up as a series. It's got potential as a series certainly, but it wont happen. Last I had heard they'd more or less given up on ever reviving it.

On 01/07/2016 at 19:16, Meath_Villan said:

the new batman/superman film .........what a load of shite .....2/10

On 02/07/2016 at 00:20, Meath_Villan said:

Watched the new fantastic 4 ....mainly for kate mara (would) ......but my god ........what a waste of my life ...1/10

12 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Oh Christ............london has fallen .......0.5/10 

What are you doing to yourself man?! :D

• Like 2

Saw The Conjuring 2 on Friday.

Not my kind of film really, I'm not a fan of horror so I suppose my opinion doesn't mean much. 

It just wasn't scary at all which is somewhat surprising given the genre it resides in but given it's based off 'true' accounts I expected it to be more chilling. It also has these really cheesy moments that feel totally out of place.

4/10 -- disappointing

Edited by Ginko

Mentioning BvS...

Spoilers for the film obviously but a funny take on how murderous Batman is in the film. Admittedly other movies have shown Batman killing, but given the was supposed to be a better comic take on the character, where he absolutely does not kill, seeing it like this makes it all the more stark that they got the character quite wrong. Even the Miller take isn't this keen to kill.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â