The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally seen Sightseers.

It's glorious. Strangely beautiful shots mixed with absolutely pitch black humour and an odd feeling of 'Britain is a bit shit' that only makes it funnier.

• Like 1

Spring Breakers is a seriously weird film. It's shot in a very interesting way which actually left a lasting impression on me, especially that piano scene... But it's essentially all naval gazing about not a lot really, it's all pseudo deep.

I can't think of the last big budget blockbuster kinda film that was genuinely good. Like proper good. 

Somebody help me out? Since Inception. Excluding the Dark Knight as I didn't see it in the cinema due to many mixed reviews and opinions on the film. all were wrong though, I loved the film. 

Also don't bother with other super hero films. None of them rise above decent.

So excluding all comic book films what's been great? Gimme lists.

Well, at the moment the trend is for comic book films so that makes it more difficult.

Plus there are probably only 5-10 genuinely good films a year, and only 5-10 blockbusters a year so the choice is limited anyway to find where the 2 overlap.

I'll have ago anyway...

- The Hobbit

- Harry Potter 7

- Tangled

- Skyfall (i hated it, but a lot of people loved it)

- Rise of the Planet of the Apes

- Life of Pi

- Star Trek

- Up

Edited by ender4

Spring Breakers is a seriously weird film. It's shot in a very interesting way which actually left a lasting impression on me, especially that piano scene... But it's essentially all naval gazing about not a lot really, it's all pseudo deep.

I liked it, it's a bit weird.... but it's quite entertaining. 

DJ on the radio today was in the same boat as you Gareth. A big del Toro fan who thinks this will be the action film of the year. His enthusiasm did actually pique my curiosity :)

I'm a massive fan of del Toro myself and have been looking forward to seeing 'Pacific Rim' since it was first announced. I still think it was a shame that he didn't stick with 'The Hobbit' but oh well.

Hopefully 'Pacific Rim' will do well and will force the studio into greenlighting 'Hellboy 3' and 'At the Mountains of Madness'.

By the way, they are giving out prints at some IMAX first showings. I'm in work so can't link to it, yet it's very nice! I can't bloody wait!

Can people please use the spoiler tag. It's there for a very good reason. So you don't SPOIL a film that's still in the cinema that some might want to watch.

They scrapped the entire ending for WWZ and quickly put together another. The original ending was a fairly bleak action showstopper set in Russia iirc, but had problems that lead to some hasty rewrites and reshoots and a completely different finale.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â