The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I liked it but thought it fell short of being as amazing as it was made out to be.

But conversely, RDJ was the worst part of the film for me.

That's where most of our arguments come from :P

In fairness to Man of Steel, it's arguably more of a sci fi film than it is a superhero film.

It's no masterpiece but fun enough, looks good and as thin as it's plot is (and with its flaws and holes) it's good fun.

In fairness to Man of Steel, it's arguably more of a sci fi film than it is a superhero film.

It's no masterpiece but fun enough, looks good and as thin as it's plot is (and with its flaws and holes) it's good fun.

Yeah see I have a big issue with a film being "good fun". Especially when it cost a bazillion dollars to make. And that's all these superhero movies (Batman aside) ever seem to be.

I go to the cinema to be blown away, but not in a technological sense.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I can't think of the last big budget blockbuster kinda film that was genuinely good. Like proper good. 

Somebody help me out? Since Inception. Excluding the Dark Knight as I didn't see it in the cinema due to many mixed reviews and opinions on the film. all were wrong though, I loved the film. 

Also don't bother with other super hero films. None of them rise above decent.

So excluding all comic book films what's been great? Gimme lists.

This comes out on Friday here in The K http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euOJkb0U8vE I'm looking forward to it.

Can't bloody wait. Hopefully get to see it this weekend.

DiCaprio and Scorsese? Haven't seen Shutter Island but I loved The Departed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszwuX1AK6A

Looks mental.

Also, having just seen Django Unchained, which I thought was great, I'm keen for more DiCaprio.

• Like 3

Looks mental.

Also, having just seen Django Unchained, which I thought was great, I'm keen for more DiCaprio.

Was about to post this. Looks awesome!

I'm keen for more DiCaprio.

Leonardo DiCaprio has confirmed to fans they won’t see him for a while but has promised he’s only taking a ‘breather’ from the fame game.

The 38-year-old waved farewell as he debuted his hotly anticipated new 3-D flick The Great Gatsby and admitted he feels ‘sick’ by the level of fame he has now reached.

‘To me, right now it’s about getting a little breather — getting some time off,’ said DiCaprio

‘Not a permanent break or not an indefinite period, but you know, just a few months off to do some other things.’

But the heartthrob insisted his hiatus isn’t down to some underlying issue, instead revealing he just needs to take stock of his sparkling movie career.

:(

he's a lot like brad pitt IMO easy to write off and then you look at what films he's been in, and what films he's been brilliant in and its a great CV, shame he was up against whittaker for best actor for blood diamond

J Edgar was shit though...

Yeah see I have a big issue with a film being "good fun". Especially when it cost a bazillion dollars to make. And that's all these superhero movies (Batman aside) ever seem to be.

I go to the cinema to be blown away, but not in a technological sense.

I guess I go to the cinema to enjoy myself. I enjoy the spectacle of a big budget superhero blockbuster - I don't think it's going to set Cannes ablaze or win any Oscars for performances or it's artfulness, but I enjoy something like Man of Steel for what it is.

I think a good few people might go and see Man of Steel and be blown away, in all honesty - it's finale is quite genuinely blockbuster fare. Perhaps too much so.

I guess it's very easy to look down on. Each to their own.

• Like 1

Looks mental.

Was about to post this. Looks awesome!

Has Leonardo patented the 'raise the glass, drop the chin, raise the eyebrows and smile' gesture? He's used it in 3 films this year, including this one. Django and Great Gatsby also feature it prominently.

he is having a few months off starting from now, if wolf of wall start started filming in august 2012 and isnt released until november then in theory if he isnt starting anything new until the end of this year then he'll more than likely not have a film out next year

hardly unheard of though

Has Leonardo patented the 'raise the glass, drop the chin, raise the eyebrows and smile' gesture? He's used it in 3 films this year, including this one. Django and Great Gatsby also feature it prominently.

Bobby De Niro eat your heart out! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â