The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

'Only God Forgives' is getting some great reviews. Really looking forward to it.

So to 'Inside Llewyn Davis'.

Really? I've heard the opposite, with only a few people actually liking it. More an extremely violent arthouse film where nobody speaks and ridiculously stylised. Sounds awesome.

Edited by VillaForever1970

extremely violent arthouse film

now-this-i-can-fap-to.jpg

I also read that One-Eye from Valhalla Rising is reincarnated as Chang in this, and similarly was The Driver in Drive

Edited by hogso

'Only God Forgives' is getting some great reviews. Really looking forward to it.

Really? I've heard the opposite, with only a few people actually liking it. More an extremely violent arthouse film where nobody speaks and ridiculously stylised. Sounds awesome.

Just like "Drive" then?

More than good enough for me.

. Fairly ambitious undertaking, the cast should be enormous, and already includes Peter Dinklage.

Make your mind up dude :)

Ha, excellent. Of course whatever Dinklage lacks in height he makes up for in stature ;)

Just like "Drive" then?

More than good enough for me.

Most of the reviews seems to make a point of saying it is NOTHING like Drive, the opposite almost.

Peter Bradshaw at the Guardian has given 'Only God Forgives' five stars.  So, unfortunately, I must conclude that it's shit.

Don't be dissing Bradders!  (haven't read review due to possible spoilers)

I wish they wouldn't review films that aren't out for months.

Watched "Moonrise Kingdom" last night...I can safely say that other than "Rushmore", which was brilliant, Wes Anderson's movies are really overrated.

• Like 1

The Borne Identity, a seminal movie is on. But man it's shockingly dated. Shockingly dated. I fear rewatching old films now

. Fairly ambitious undertaking, the cast should be enormous, and already includes Peter Dinklage.

Make your mind up dude :)

Ha, excellent. Of course whatever Dinklage lacks in height he makes up for in stature ;)

I love The Dink

The Borne Identity, a seminal movie is on. But man it's shockingly dated. Shockingly dated. I fear rewatching old films now

Wait, you class The Bourne Identity as an "old film"? It's 11 years old.

Having said that the turn of the century was a funny time for cinema, action films in particular where still trying to figure out what to do post The Matrix.

What in particular makes it dated? I didn't like it a whole lot in the first place to be honest but I am interested.

Peter Bradshaw at the Guardian has given 'Only God Forgives' five stars. So, unfortunately, I must conclude that it's shit.

But it has Ryan Gosling in it

Does he eat his cereal?

In relation to Bourne Identity being dated. 

firstly is CRT monitors in the CIA, seeing them in a 2002 film (a film I wouldn't have classed as old) just set the tone.

Next when they say, give me all the data on Bourne the data appears line by line from vertically down as if the PC is a 486

Next when they get their photos, they have a picture, and "enhance" the section with Bourne in it, first it's grainy and then it get's more detail again from the top

Finally when they send the photo to all their agents, the photo has to load on the monitor, top down like it's in 1995 and on a dialup connection.

The whole film felt closer to "The Net" than modern times. Which it actually is. Was just strange to see it as so dated. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â