The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

oz the great and the powerful

was pretty good, well shot, i like franco which no doubt helps because he is more than a bit hammy, kunis is a bit ropey in it IMO, weisz and williams as good as you'd expect, decent enough story some of the tie ins are very good, it was one of those films that is so obviously made for 3D (like alice in wonderland) that seeing it in 2D felt a bit pointless in some scenes

Supposedly Hamill, Harrison & Fisher are back for the next SW trilogy.

Obviously they won't be at the forefront of the action scenes, but is there any chance that it could actually be decent? i.e better than 1-3

i think it can be, there were lots of things than can be bettered, casting being the easiest one, would also like to think that these films wont have the "wow look what we can do" overkill of the last 3 because pretty much everyone can do great CGI now

they can easily go the wrong way though and aim it firmly at children, go all out for 3D, lots of effects for effects sake

still no mention of jar jar making a come back

They could totally redo the Jar Jar Binks character. Like, all his mates under the Sea could've been wiped out by some terrible new cosmic menace. Yet he survives.

He is now a ruthless anti-hero, hell bent on revenge, he will not allow anyone to stand in the way of his vengeance. How wude.

• Like 1

They could totally redo the Jar Jar Binks character. Like, all his mates under the Sea could've been wiped out by some terrible new cosmic menace. Yet he survives.

He is now a ruthless anti-hero, hell bent on revenge, he will not allow anyone to stand in the way of his vengeance. How wude.

Some people gonna die?

/\ You said that in his accent didn't you? :P

the empire still exists though, do they go with a nasty bastard who isnt a sith or try and reintroduce the sith? the only after the films book ive read was the thrawn trilogy, really good read

grandadmiral-theessentialatlas.jpg

Thrawn was a good baddie - would be a better direction than "Revenge of the Sith II" or whatever.

And the catastophe he escaped out of damaged his larynx beyond repair, so his voice is seventeen octaves lower and he doesn't sound like a fecking tellytubby anymore.

Yes, exactly! He's all horribly scarred and stuff aswell. Perhaps he can't talk at all, the event took his voice, and also he only has one eye now, plus a robotic leg and arm, each of which have laser cannons inside them. Basically he'd be a bit like a Fett bounty Hunter, but COOLER. Oh man that is such a good idea, they should absolutely do it. Have him walk around and not really do much whenever he pops up in one of the films, just look hard and moody. Then in the last one he kicks a load of Empire ass and saves the day. GO JAR JAR!

Anyone know if "Broken" is on some sort of limited release?

I was looking forward to it, apparently it was released on Friday, but can't find anywhere in birmingham showing it :(

Watched these two most recently

Get-The-Gringo-2012-Front-Cover-69020.jp

Not the worst gibson film ever to be fair.

insider_ver1.jpg

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this already. It was ok.

See. I'm a great reviewer. Or I just like posting the covers :)

Some good shows on iPlayer.

'A Fish Called Wanda', which, like every other 80s film set in the 80s, is incredibly dated but still hilarious. Michael Palin attempting to kill a granny is just genius. As is every seen with Otto.

'The Killing Fields' is one of my favourite films and just an outstanding account of the Khmer Rouge's seize of Cambodia and the subsequent genocide.

'Aviator' which is one of Scorsese's lesser films but still a good watch. It's a biopic of Howard Hughes. DiCaprio is a bit OTT (well, he always is) but it looks great and Cate Blanchette puts in a good hammy turn as Katharine Hepburn, and Kate Beckinsale is always a bonus.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

watched Side Effects possibly the worst film ive ever seen at cinema. Plot was horrible, "twist" was dreadful and am starting to think Soderbergh was pushed away from Hollywood after this effort.

Worst of all was Channing Tatum has the charisma of Alex McLeish and his acting makes Vin Diesel and Seagal look like DeNiro and Pacino.

horrible experience

Watched 'Horrible Bosses' last night with the wife.  

Harmless fun, well worth a watch, if only for Jennifer Anniston looking hot as hell.

Kevin Spacey stole that movie. He was a psychopath in it

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â