The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Skyfall the other night. If it ended at the committee room/public enquiry scene it would have been a decent film. The rest of the film after that was dire especially since it has been done better many times before (Josey Wales and LA confidential spring immediately to mind).

Saying that the title of the film wouldn't have made a lot of sense without it!

Watched Skyfall the other night. If it ended at the committee room/public enquiry scene it would have been a decent film. The rest of the film after that was dire especially since it has been done better many times before (Josey Wales and LA confidential spring immediately to mind).

Saying that the title of the film wouldn't have made a lot of sense without it!

was thinking more Home Alone

• Like 1

It did go very "Home Alone"

It was the perfect film to celebrate the 50th year.

Is the best Bond ever? Hell no. it gets an easy ride because QoS was SO bad but its not the best by a long stretch.

EDIT - also. How the **** did Adele win best song for "Skyfall" when "You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell is infinately superior in every single way possible?

Edited by Eames

I remember the comments on "Black Swan" in this thread when it first came out. Some VTers were very impressed indeed. 

Well I'm just watching it on DVD. I say I'm watching it. What I mean is, it's on, and the missus is watching it - my attention has drifted back here to VT, the Guardian crossword and Windows solitaire. 

God, it's a shite film. Ludicrous overacting, laughable SFX and a stupid plot I just don't care about. Piss poor. 

More beer, please. 

EDIT: Thank **** for that, it's over. Seriously, one of the worst films I've ever seen. 

Edited by mjmooney

Managed to catch up on a lot of films recently as I spent 32 hours in the air across 5 Emirates flights in the space of 10 days.

Watched the following on their excellent IFE (HD Widescreens on some of the planes)

Taken 2 - 6/10

Looper - 6/10

Bourne Legacy - 7/10

Wreck It Ralph - 9/10

Skyfall - 8/10

Dredd - 7/10

Total Recall - 7/10

Dark Knight Rises - 9/10 (only one I had seen before)

The Sweeney - 4/10

Hitchcock - 8/10

Never got chance to watch Lincoln, Promethius or Argo. 

Edited by Xela

I remember the comments on "Black Swan" in this thread when it first came out. Some VTers were very impressed indeed. 

Well I'm just watching it on DVD. I say I'm watching it. What I mean is, it's on, and the missus is watching it - my attention has drifted back here to VT, the Guardian crossword and Windows solitaire. 

God, it's a shite film. Ludicrous overacting, laughable SFX and a stupid plot I just don't care about. Piss poor. 

More beer, please. 

EDIT: Thank **** for that, it's over. Seriously, one of the worst films I've ever seen. 

Agree with you there, thought it was one of the worst films I saw last year.  Huge disappointment.

I rewatched Kids, cos I read a message online referring to the effective use of Good Morning, Captain by Slint at the end. I'd been listening to Slint, and came across the comment when reading up on the lyrics in Spiderland. I could not remember the song at all - to the point that I was sure it wasn't used. It would be kind of hard to miss or forget. So anyways I watched it, gets to the end with Casper waking up, and this acoustic song kicking in, which clearly isn't Slint. It plays through the whole of the credits, and the film ends. I knew it! I knew it wasn't Slint. SO I went back to that comment online...but this time read it properly. It said 'effective use at the end of the soundtrack', ie. the CD - not the movie v___v

Anyways, nice to watch it again. Good film. Most stomach turning opening scene ever? :puke:

it did also remind to keep an eye out for Harmony Korine's next flick, Spring Breakers. Looks like Pussy Riot doing armed robberies - fun

Edited by hogso

More beer, please. 

Agree with you there, thought it was one of the worst films I saw last year.  Huge disappointment.

And it wasn't just because I find ballet tedious. The Red Shoes (1948) has a similar plot (minus the supernatural elements) and is ten times the movie that Black Swan is. 

The sad thing is that the idea of BS (appropriate acronym) actually had real potential. But the execution (specifically, screenplay and acting) was simply abysmal. 

The music was good, mind. That Tchaikovsky could knock out a tune. 

Edited by mjmooney

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â