The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

True, but that's still about 4 hours!

You'll be surprised how quick it passes.

It has many great scenes but the cut to the 'future' with The Beatle's 'Yesterday' playing in the background is genius.

Yeah I got to that bit. it was brilliant.

And a testament to their makeup and that that De Niro basically just looks like he looks now :)

Anybody seen Gangster Squad?

I'm a sucker for that whole post-war, LAPD, James Ellroy-type genre, but I just read the (non-fiction) book they based it on, and it sounds like they've really turned it into Hollywood hokum.

I don't mind that in itself, but when they use real people as the characters - Jack O'Mara, Jerry Wooters, Jack Dragna, Mickey Cohen, etc. - and then totally rewrite history, it pisses me off a bit.

If you're going to do fiction, use fictional characters, don't do pseudo-history.

Worked in Inglorious Basterds

It has many great scenes but the cut to the 'future' with The Beatle's 'Yesterday' playing in the background is genius.

And a testament to their makeup and that that De Niro basically just looks like he looks now :)

>Anybody seen Gangster Squad?

I'm a sucker for that whole post-war, LAPD, James Ellroy-type genre, but I just read the (non-fiction) book they based it on, and it sounds like they've really turned it into Hollywood hokum.

I don't mind that in itself, but when they use real people as the characters - Jack O'Mara, Jerry Wooters, Jack Dragna, Mickey Cohen, etc. - and then totally rewrite history, it pisses me off a bit.

If you're going to do fiction, use fictional characters, don't do pseudo-history.

It absolutely didn't. IB was the film that finally convinced me that I don't like Tarantino.

>Anybody seen Gangster Squad?

If you're going to do fiction, use fictional characters, don't do pseudo-hi

story.

It absolutely didn't. IB was the film that finally convinced me that I don't like Tarantino.

Each to their own.

I wouldn't bother with Django if I were you then ;)

Back on the comic book movie front (should this be spun off into it's own thread?) Latino Review is saying:

- Bale is in talks to reprise his role as Wayne/Batman in JLA

- Christopher Nolan will oversee JLA and the whole DC Universe for Warner Bros.

- Zack Snyder may direct/produce JLA

- Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel would be set in the same universe

- JLA would also be set in this universe

Link

Very disappointing. Unlike many I really liked how he ended The Dark Knight trilogy and think it needed to be left as such.

Odd move if it happened.

"Hey Superman!"

"What?"

"Where the **** where you when I was paralysed and Gotham was spiralling out of control?"

"It were that bloody Kryptonite again werent it? Bloody stuff crops up at the most inopportune moments."

250px-Kryptonite.JPG

My favourite flavour is still original mint, although I must admit I have not tried the orange sherbert yet

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â