The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Cloud Atlas earlier. It was a good effort and didn't drag despite the length. It definitely works better on the page with some of the themes sounding a little cheesy in the film. It flits all over the place with actors looking weird as they change gender and race. I can see a lot of people hating this film and I'm not surprised at its poor box office.

Does anyone bet on the Oscars? I'm thinking about an accumulator.

I'm massively curious about Cloud Atlas. It's the most expensive independent film ever made and did terribly in the US, but it looks so... unique, that I can't help but be interested. Everything I've heard about it basically says you'll ever love it and admire it and absolutely loathe it.

It's one of those I can't help thinking I won't get the chance to see at the cinema though.

It will be interesting to see when they eventually get around to doing Justice League, whether they would've done set-up movies for their individual heroes first. You'd think, Man of Steel could work for Superman, then a rebooted Batman in the same universe, a Wonder Woman film? A rebooted Green Lantern? Flash? Aquaman? Martian Manhunter? Could be another six/seven years if they go down the Marvel path.

jeff, who lives at home - one of those that has the misfortune of being described as a comedy when at best it should be a feel good film, it was ok, shame they didnt go for an outright comedy with the cast

battleship - bit shit really, even leave your brain at the door would be a stretch

new die hard - not as bad as i thought it would be, the main story line is decent enough, the daddy issues story line is a bit wank, the car chase at the start is good, the gun battles arent anything special though

Watch The Inheritance by the same director - a really good movie.

Cheers I definitely will

Watched it yesterday thanks and thought it was excellent. Ulrich Thomsen has done some great films, Festen and Brothers being another two.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah Festen is excellent but I haven't seen Brothers, i'll have to add it to the list.  :thumb:

Watch The Inheritance by the same director - a really good movie.

Cheers I definitely will

Watched it yesterday thanks and thought it was excellent. Ulrich Thomsen has done some great films, Festen and Brothers being another two.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah Festen is excellent but I haven't seen Brothers, i'll have to add it to the list.  :thumb:

Brothers got remade by hollywood with Gyllenhall and Tobey Maguire a few years back. For a remake it was quite good but the Danish original is far superior.

After asking for it's name on here quite some time ago, I finally got round to watching The War Zone again. I had forgotten how explicit it is, and for some reason I had no memory at all of seeing Ray Winstone's little winky. Good film. Hoping the sequel to Once Were Warriors turns up from lovefilm next.

Hoping the sequel to Once Were Warriors turns up from lovefilm next.

Don't do it.

Crushing disappointment, unless you're really, really into tattoos.

Bawww...I'm not :-(

I hate trailers like that.

Worst one I reckon is that film that was out just before the olympics about the female relay team.

I never saw it, but I'm positive I can tell you the entire plot. They even appeared to show the result of "the big race" in the trailer.

Ridiculous.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â