The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

He was decent enough in that film though, even if the character is a bit naff.

Watched Godfather I & II again and I don't think any one has ever closed a door with such menace than Michael towards the end of the second when Kay comes calling round...

(Also, Diane Keaton in the 70s :wub: )

I'll watch the third one later. I haven't watched it in a long time and I honestly can't remember it.

I do like RDJ, but I find the character of Ironman infuriatingly annoying.

Yep, in fact annoying isnt close to the hatred I have for that character that has developed into a caricature of itself. Yet I really like RDJ even in that Elton John video (music one not  anything home made) I thought he was good add that to Zodiac, Sherlock, Tropic Thunder, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Due Date etc etc

Watched Chained last night, quite disturbing and creepy.

So Megan Fox is in the new TMNT film (so it will be watched) which is being directed by Michael Bay.  I found it funny that people were worried Bay would ruin that franchise.  It has not exactly got some precious reputation to uphold. 

He was decent enough in that film though, even if the character is a bit naff.

Watched Godfather I & II again and I don't think any one has ever closed a door with such menace than Michael towards the end of the second when Kay comes calling round...

(Also, Diane Keaton in the 70s :wub: )

I'll watch the third one later. I haven't watched it in a long time and I honestly can't remember it.

If we're talking presentable-looking actresses in 1970's films: Faye Dunaway in Towering Inferno. Fwoar!

Seems to have been possibly a bit of a cow in real life, but I'll not let that affect her hypothetical chances of getting lucky.

So Megan Fox is in the new TMNT film (so it will be watched) which is being directed by Michael Bay.  I found it funny that people were worried Bay would ruin that franchise.  It has not exactly got some precious reputation to uphold. 

That's OK, if anyone can **** it up even further it's that talentless shit (Bay not Fox).

Edited by Designer1

Faye Dunaway in Towering Inferno. Fwoar!

And Network, and Chinatown.

Better than Jenny Agutter in Logan's Run? I think not ;)

Racquel Welch in the fur bikini. [/dicussion]

the-bench.jpg?1302117252

Danish film called THE BENCH. Fans of Mike Leigh may like it. Story about an alcoholic on the brink of death whos daughter and grandson come back into his life. Terrific performance by Jesper Christensen who plays Kaj the alcoholic. Very poignant and moving ending.

Finding great random films like this that otherwise I wouldn't see is the reason I love using Lovefilm.

Finally saw Avengers Assemble. That were a larf.  Not perfect, but that's not a criticism.  And Scarlett in that outfit.  It didn't matter that she was just a mere mortal amongst superheroes. She fully belonged there :)  Ironman stole the show though.  Maybe I just think Robert Downey Jr. is fantastic :)

Not as nice as Cobie Smulders though and I agree that RDJ is great as Iron Man . He is supposed to be an insufferable prick and he does it well.

Edited by Brumerican

Watched Cloud Atlas earlier. It was a good effort and didn't drag despite the length. It definitely works better on the page with some of the themes sounding a little cheesy in the film. It flits all over the place with actors looking weird as they change gender and race. I can see a lot of people hating this film and I'm not surprised at its poor box office.

Does anyone bet on the Oscars? I'm thinking about an accumulator.

If you could happily drop one Avenger it would be Captain America. He contributes nothing that another Avenger doesn't do better.

Cap is meant to be a supremely gifted leader, holding a team of egos together and organising and inspiring them. The film really struggled to make that obvious because it had to spend time bringing the characters together and having them squabble - in the end they only have 2 scenes that even vaguely nod to Cap being in charge.

The most useless character in the Avengers is Hawkeye. He's such a useless presence that the comics had to resort to making him do 'badass' stuff to make him vaguely relevant (despite the fact they became increasingly daft - Hawkeye traditionally had perfect aim as his only standout ability, they then started fiddling with that to the point he, at one point, is able to incapacitate some guys holding him hostage by flicking finger nail clippings at them). Even Black Widow is more useful than that.

Saying all this, the problem that's always plagued the Avengers is that theres basically not a situation you can come up with for them that can't be solved by the Hulk or Thor (both being so strong that pretty much nothing can stand in their way). Which is why the movie sidelines Hulk and uses him sparingly, and Thor is given a fairly backseat role thumping things.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â