The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Went to see "I Give it a Year" last night.

To be honest I didn't know much about it. The most I knew was that it was a comedy and Stephen Merchant was in it.

Took a lady friend as thought it was the most appropriate "date movie" out.

It was actually really bloody good. Maybe that's because I had little or no preconceptions or expectations, but I actually found it really funny.

Helped that the cinema was full (always makes funny films funnier) but it's well worth a watch. It's not an amazing film but definitely mad eme laugh a lot.

~~Top 5 films of the 1980's~~ by hogso

+ Short Circuit

+ Flight of the Navigator

+ Innerspace

+ The Brave Little Toaster

+ Batteries Not Included

-end-

Short Circuit 2 was better!

Well I know your taste is good, being a fellow fan of Waterloo Road. But in this instance I must disagree.

Is it a good sequel, and rather impressive for that fact? Yes. Is it better than the original? I believe no.

The film actually rather damaged me somewhat as a youngster. I can understand the mindset of the writers/producers to want to introduce an element of distress in the film, especially as a vehicle for Johnny 5 to act out his vengeance...but honestly, seeing him all beat up, with his oil leaking, and his eye hanging out, and all that stuff. It really, properly upset me.

+ Short Circuit

+ Innerspace

+ Batteries Not Included

-end-

Well I know your taste is good, being a fellow fan of Waterloo Road. But in this instance I must disagree.

Is it a good sequel, and rather impressive for that fact? Yes. Is it better than the original? I believe no.

The film actually rather damaged me somewhat as a youngster. I can understand the mindset of the writers/producers to want to introduce an element of distress in the film, especially as a vehicle for Johnny 5 to act out his vengeance...but honestly, seeing him all beat up, with his oil leaking, and his eye hanging out, and all that stuff. It really, properly upset me.

Seeing Johnny 5 in so much distress, looking like he was about to make his way to the heap was indeed upsetting, but it was good to finally see him let that bad boy side out...I do need to go rewatch the first though, been ages since I've seen it!

+ Short Circuit

+ Innerspace

+ Batteries Not Included

-end-

Yep me too. Still find it hard to watch.

+ Short Circuit

+ Innerspace

+ Batteries Not Included

-end-

I thought Short Circuit 3 aka Wall -E was better

The+Prey.jpg

Them French can make a very decent thriller. If you liked Tell No One or Point Blank then this would be write up your street.

Cheers for the heads up - will add to my lovefilm list - watched and really enjoyed Point Blank last week!

The+Prey.jpg

Them French can make a very decent thriller. If you liked Tell No One or Point Blank then this would be write up your street.

Why are there two swedish ratings and quotes on that one? :)

Very much looking forward to Robot & Frank. Heard v good things from a friend in the US.

I could watch Frank Langella read a dictionary for two hours. Great actor.

Susan Sarandon and Liv Tyler too. What's not to like :)

Finally saw Avengers Assemble. That were a larf.  Not perfect, but that's not a criticism.  And Scarlett in that outfit.  It didn't matter that she was just a mere mortal amongst superheroes. She fully belonged there :)  Ironman stole the show though.  Maybe I just think Robert Downey Jr. is fantastic :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â