The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I have confessions to make. I watched Tropic Thunder the other night. That's the first confession i.e. that I watched a film knowing that Ben Stiller was in it. The second larger confession is that I actually enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. was hilarious as a black man and he's the main reason I enjoyed it. Still doesn't excuse me though. Oh and now I get the "never go full retard" references that are all over the place :) Kudos to Tom Cruise too.

I have confessions to make. I watched Tropic Thunder the other night. That's the first confession i.e. that I watched a film knowing that Ben Stiller was in it. The second larger confession is that I actually enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. was hilarious as a black man and he's the main reason I enjoyed it. Still doesn't excuse me though. Oh and now I get the "never go full retard" references that are all over the place :) Kudos to Tom Cruise too.

"Man, I don't drop character 'till I done the DVD commentary."

On the subject of Stiller, I watched Night at the Museum last night for the first time.

I was always under the impression that it was a pretty decent (but far from amazing) comedy.

But it was really quite shit.

a_bout_portant_ver2.jpg

Watched this last night - a pretty tidy French action/thriller in the same vain as Taken (but not as brutal or hollywood!)

put in extreme basic terms - A nurses aide, Samuel revives a patient who was being knocked off in the hospital and due to that, his pregnant girlfiend gets kidnapped, so he and the patient have to find her.

Worth a look, along with another French cop thriller '39' - which is awesome!

On the subject of Stiller, I watched Night at the Museum last night for the first time.

I was always under the impression that it was a pretty decent (but far from amazing) comedy.

But it was really quite shit.

for me best character he played was White Goodman after that except Something About Mary ive never really been a fan

Sandler is better than Stiller. Granted, his low points are as low. He deserves to burn in hell for Jack and Jill on its own. But stuff like Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Spanglish and The Longest Yard; even Click are all way above the stuff you'll usually find Stiller as a main actor* in.

* so that excludes Anchorman.

I'd caveat that I haven't seen Zoolander or Dodgeball in probably going on 10 years so my opinion may change if I saw them again.

I stand by Starsky and Hutch though. That's a decent enough film.

Sandler is the first to the wall come the revolution. No, wait. I'm still undecided what is worse; that he makes films that are incredibly shit and tasteless, or the fact people go to see those films thus filling his pockets and encouraging him to do more.

Send the lot of them to the Gulag!

Zoolander was ripped off the book 'Glamorama' by Bret Easton Ellis. He sued them I think.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I could quite happily never see the following ever in work again. (The main list is obviously longer - this is for the specific sub-genre of "Not funny American comic actors in generic shit films")

Adam Sandler

Ben Stiller

Will Ferrell

Owen Wilson

Kevin James

Vince Vaughan

Come my revolution they will all be shot for crimes against humanity.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

Nah, I've gained an appreciation for Ferrell's maniacality. He has been in some very good stuff. As for Kevin James. He must have damaging photos of someone powerful.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â