The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Now onto other films. I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph earlier and really enjoyed it. It just took me back to being a child and gaming at that younger age. It really is an entertaining film and is certainly for any age. The Paperman short before the film is also great and if you haven't seen it yet then don't bother watching it until you see it in the cinema. It's much better on a big screen and I wish I hadn't seen it before I went.

Wreck-It Ralph was great. Went with the kids and it really is a retro-gaming bonanza

Hearing the new Die Hard is dreadful...

Impossible. A film with John McClane can't be dreadful. Just throw Willis in with some ridiculous action and a Yippe-kai-yay and you've got yourself some treat. :)

watched the remake of Total Recall over the weekend.... thought the first half was actually pretty good but then it all went a bit messy and downhill from there. overall 2.5/5 - could've been a lot better and not a patch on the cheesy original!

513vbvs2caL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

After seeing this at the cinema last year I recently bought it on Bluray. Having watched it last night I can safely say it improves on repeat viewing, and is imo one of the greatest action movies ever made. Flawless movie-making indeed.

Thought Silver Linings Playbook was excellent for the first hour (had the air of a continental film) and decent for the rest (allowing for the feel good cobblers).

Really enjoyed that one Darren. I thought given the subject matter, they handled it very well and although the end does stray into 'feel good cobblers' territory :) it was one of the rare occasions where I was happy for that to happen.

One of De Niro's best performances for a while too.

Edited by Designer1

Haha.

My mate had a romantic night with his missus a couple of months back. He opted for Killer Joe as the film, despite my protests!

Didn't go down very well :D

Needless to say she's now left him for a bucket of KFC.

Thing is my wife's taste in movies is almost identical to mine so I know I'm on safe ground with a French horror.

If I suggested some Hollywood chick flick she’d probably have me down the divorce court. :P

Edited by Designer1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â