The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Is it me, or does some of this sound remotely promising?

They did two stand-alone Star Wars films with Wicket and the **** Ewoks and they were beyond awful.

ewok2.jpg

922353-ewoks_the_battle_for_endor.jpg

*shudder*

Ewoks cartoon was the bomb, though.

I was more referring to Abrams directing episode 7 and the decent scriptwriter

Just back from Flight

Not been to a cinema before where the opening 10 - 15 mins had everyone so enraptured , usually there is always one rustling sweet wrappers or talking to their mate ..but not tonight

Great film , but Denzil won't beat Day-Lewis to the Oscar

He's playing Star-Lord, who pretty much is the main man in GOTG. He's a bit like Marvel's version of the Green Lantern, same story but without the imagining things and making them exist, more standard powers via a suit. He'll be the 'in' for the audience, guaranteed.

I dunno who Chris Pratt is though and I'm not that up on GOTG, I know the background but that's all really.

It can't really avoid being really silly. It'll definitely be the most 'out there' Marvel film so far (the closest to it to date is probably Thor, the daft basis for that one is pushing it) what with it being a ensemble of weird aliens in a space extravaganza.

It's the moment they might jump the shark - it's one thing to say to people 'billionaire comes up with a new power source, wears a hi-tech armour suit/scientist has experiment go wrong and turns into a raging monster when angry/WW2 American wimp with honour is made into super soldier by experiment and frozen in time/Norse gods are aliens, one has brother issues' and another to make them believe in an talking raccoon obsessed with firearms as a superhero, with his best mate, a tree, amongst others. It's that little bit too... weird. Theres a reason it was never a particularly popular comic. But if it works, it'll be absolutely gloriously bonkers. Especially if they do, as expected, use it as a set up for Thanos.

Anywho, Star-Lord, as portrayed in the concept art revealed at San Diego Comic-con last year when the film was announced

star_lord.jpg

...and in his more traditional comic garb...

250px-ST1.PNG

He's basically a space copper.

There was talk they'd possibly shove Marvels other space copper into this, Nova, because he's been used as a character in some of the newer Marvel cartoons and kids like him. Might be interesting. Seems Marvel are not scared of shoving their less known properties out their.

Some rumours came out the other day, from a source that's been bang on every time so far with these films, about Avengers 2. They suggested that the second Avengers film will see the Hulk end up marooned on another planet... which means that they're setting up a Planet Hulk film...

All rumours though, and Avengers 2 is 2 years way and 4 films away yet.

The general feeling is that Guardians will be used a set up for Thanos as a the villain for Avengers 2, yeah. Thanos is the biggest villain in Marvels stable that they can actually use thanks to rights issues and so on IIRC. I think we can imagine Guardians having a villain ala Loki in Avengers, effectively a puppet for a greater evil, but with that greater evil actually getting some screentime this time around.

I just really hope it works...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â