The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Oh, Zero Dark Thirty.

Bloody good. Really good in fact.

Wasn't the American propaganda bullshit I feared it MIGHT be, which is obviously a good thing. If anything, a lot of it showed the US in quite a bad light.

Thought the finale was excellent and shot in a way that I don't think I'd really seen before. I thought it was quite unique.

My (nearly 70 year old) dad loved it too. It's right up his alley to be fair, but quite often our tastes in film don't match so I was pleased.

• Like 1

Just watched Sound City directed by Dave Grohl... 

Thought is was fecking ace too!

Interestingly though I think Arctic Monkey's "Suck It And See" must have been one of the last albums ever recorded there yet it gets no mention on the film. 

Oh and the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club w/ Dave Grohl track playing in the credits is **** awesome!

Edited by PieFacE

Oh, Zero Dark Thirty.

Wasn't the American propaganda bullshit I feared it MIGHT be, which is obviously a good thing. If anything, a lot of it showed the US in quite a bad light.

Thought the finale was excellent and shot in a way that I don't think I'd really seen before. I thought it was quite unique..

yeah i agree, was expecting some America - **** Yeah! but it didnt happen, also didnt think there are any overtly racist / stereotypical / lazy references to muslims and middle eastern people

Chastain's performance was ok, nothing amazing IMO but i think she'll win the oscar, its a prominent role in a big film, more so than any other i think ive seen this year, support cast was good

struggled a little with the names but that was pretty much my only gripe

Oh, Zero Dark Thirty.

Thought the finale was excellent and shot in a way that I don't think I'd really seen before. I thought it was quite unique..

yeah i agree, was expecting some America - **** Yeah! but it didnt happen, also didnt think there are any overtly racist / stereotypical / lazy references to muslims and middle eastern people

Chastain's performance was ok, nothing amazing IMO but i think she'll win the oscar, its a prominent role in a big film, more so than any other i think ive seen this year, support cast was good

struggled a little with the names but that was pretty much my only gripe

Wasnt really expecting to enjoy this for some reason but its a bloody good film.

The last 20 minutes are absolutely amazing.

dark zero thirty -

i didnt know the helicopter had crashed, read up on it, apparently it was because of the high walls causing the air to bounce around and a mechanical failure, they wasnt expecting it because they used a compound with chainwire fencing during training for it

i also dont know the reason as to why he was allowed to keep monkeys on the base, when i 1st saw them i wondered if it was a psychological thing with them caged up right in front of the prisoners but then wasnt sure when they were killed off

appreciate I'm arriving a little late to the party here, but picked up Kick Ass yesterday for £3

I don't really do the whole batman / superhero thing, but knew this was slightly different

loved it, stuck it in the machine about midnight for a sneeky peek and ended up watching it right through

and now I need to track down the soundtrack cd because I've got a Prodigy earworm

Is it me, or does some of this sound remotely promising?

They did two stand-alone Star Wars films with Wicket and the **** Ewoks and they were beyond awful.

ewok2.jpg

922353-ewoks_the_battle_for_endor.jpg

*shudder*

Ewoks cartoon was the bomb, though.

Edited by GarethRDR

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â