The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

340402d1348654098-excision-cuts-into-blu-ray-november-excision.jpg

Darkly comic horror movie.

I'm pretty certain it's destined to become a cult classic, due to it's mixture of OTT gore, jet black humour and cast (when Traci Lords is cast as a mother, and John Waters as a psychiatrist you know it's not going to be mainstream). :D

I loved it, but it certainly won't be for everyone.

Yeah, I went to see Skyfall last week, and absolutely loved it. Was good to get the background of Bond in there, and also at the end of the film, we're back at the beginning of Bond, with Moneypenny, a male 'M' and a 21st century 'Q'.

Already anticipating the next in the series...

I saw a mate of mine on Saturday. He was plannign a night in with his (relatively) new girlfriend. Nice romantic meal and a film.

I asked him what film he'd got

"Killer Joe", he said "it's meant to be good"

I assured him that it was excellent, but that it was NOT a film to watch on a romantic night. He insisted it would be fine.

Saw him again today. She HATED it :D

saw a trailer for warm bodies today, been getting a fair bit of hype

could be good, i dont really like nicholas hoult (nothing to do with being bitter about him knocking jennifer lawrence off at all...) but i think if the support cast is good (i spotted him from hot tub time machine) then it could work

Finally got around to watching the Dark Knight Rises. It's another decent flick, about on par with Batman Begins but far off from the superb 2nd film.

Overall it's been a very good trilogy. I personally found a lot in Dark Knight Rises to be very predictable and very familiar, it's like the sequel to the first film rather than the 2nd and if it did come directly after the first it would feel very recycled. Like your typical sequel.

I loved Tom Hardy as Bane, thought he made a good villain, he's a huge bear of a man, the voice and onscreen presence all great and it was good to have that kind of foe for Batman after the Joker.

I am a bit sick of some directors using the same actors in all their movies though. It was the entire cast of Inception on show here with Bale swapped for Leo. Was a bit irritating if I'm perfectly honest.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â