The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Well yeah, that's the main theme of the joke that they make at Family Guy's expense, and I get the impression that they dislike the way it's written.

But I felt the episodes also acknowledged how popular the show was and how people loved it.

Sort of a "we respect what you're doing, but it's not for us" point of view, rather than their regular "**** this shit" point of view.

Anyway, I like them both. And that particular criticism of Family Guy is basically ridiculous, because that's exactly why people LIKE Family Guy. There's a loose story and then some randomness. They don't watch Family Guy for it's intricate plot lines and story twists, they watch it because it's half animated sit com, half animated sketch show.

It's like criticising South Park for being crude. Yeah, well done.

Absolutely agree. I probably prefer South Park, but Family Guy is very easy to watch and generally doesn't disappoint in delivering fairly cheap laughs. That said, Ted didn't really appeal to me when it was being advertised, but many friends have since told me it's brilliant. Will certainly watch it when it's out on DVD.

Brilliant, to describe Ted, is a bit far.

I thought it was great, and I laughed a LOT, but the cinema was full and I assume that added to the comedy.

I'd imagine if I'd watched it at home I'd think it was fairly funny, but not amazing.

Definitely worth a watch though.

I like Family Guy but South Park is much better ( yet both are inferior to Archer.)

Archer is amazing. The episode on the blimp is absolutely brilliant.

The Scouting Book for Boys is on Film4 tonight.

It gets pretty disturbing in places but If you haven't seen it, it's well worth a watch. Thomas Turgoose (he of This is England fame) is excellent in it.

Watched it last night after your recommendation.

Very good, but as you said, a bit tough to watch in places (even the places where nothing happened it was good at making you think something MIGHT happen)

But yeah, enjoyed it. And it was one of those rare occasions that i watch a film knowing literally NOTHING about it (I didn't even read the part of your post that said Turgoose was in it) which is always interesting.

just read this regarding the real events around Argo

When Studio Six (the fake CIA-operated studio) folded several weeks after the rescue, it had received 26 scripts from up-and- coming filmakers. One of these was from Steven Spielberg.

Watched The Master earlier and it was fantastic particularly Joaquin Phoenix's performance. I've read reviews calling it boring which I can't agree with at all. I think some were disappointed by the ending which is a hollow criticism. There's even someone from Breaking Bad in it. :)

There was a particularly intense scene where they were 'processing' and some idiot's phone went off. :angry:

That reminds me, when I saw Killing Them Softly last week, the screening was fairly empty, myself and a couple of mates, an elderly couple, a middle aged couple and a group of lads. The lads couldn't shut the **** up and one seemed to have a bladder the size of a thimble. The bloke of the middle aged couple turned round once about half hour in and said 'Come on lads'. That didn't work.

About 20 minutes later, the bloke, who turned out to be a pretty big bloke, turned around and bellowed 'RIGHT, SHUT THE **** UP!' and I swear 3 of the lads jumped in fright, before realising their balls had vanished into their guts and tried to give a feeble bit of cheek back.

I wish I could have shook the blokes hand.

That reminds me, when I saw Killing Them Softly last week, the screening was fairly empty, myself and a couple of mates, an elderly couple, a middle aged couple and a group of lads. The lads couldn't shut the **** up and one seemed to have a bladder the size of a thimble. The bloke of the middle aged couple turned round once about half hour in and said 'Come on lads'. That didn't work.

About 20 minutes later, the bloke, who turned out to be a pretty big bloke, turned around and bellowed 'RIGHT, SHUT THE **** UP!' and I swear 3 of the lads jumped in fright, before realising their balls had vanished into their guts and tried to give a feeble bit of cheek back.

I wish I could have shook the blokes hand.

I've done similar to that a few times before.

The best one was when I stood up and blocked the view of a couple of chatty plebs sat in the seat behind me who had done nothing but gab all the way through the first twenty minutes of a movie. After about 10 seconds one of them said 'can you sit down? I can't see the screen' to which I replied 'Yeah, of course mate - the second you shut the **** up.' Apart from a bit of glowering and muttering from them they were quiet as the grave after that.

Once when I went with the then missus (to see Forgetting Sarah marshall I think) there were a bunch of plebs talking for ages.

I didn't say a word, but instead she let out a mighty "WOULD YOU SHUT THE **** UP?!" and the group of lads did shut up, and then got up and left. So you don't have to be big, just loud I think :D

I've also been in a cinema where everyone was behaving, and then some woman answered her phone and had a proper conversation. Not just "I'm in the cinema, ring you back in an hour", which would have still been annoyin, but passable.

She had a full on chin wag with whoever phoned!

I've been tempted to turn around and say things to young bastards in the cinema who won't shut up, but when there's a group of them I just wonder if I'm risking them hanging around afterwards and causing trouble. Maybe I'm too paranoid. I have complained to staff there before, though.

Well yeah, that's the main theme of the joke that they make at Family Guy's expense, and I get the impression that they dislike the way it's written.

But I felt the episodes also acknowledged how popular the show was and how people loved it.

Sort of a "we respect what you're doing, but it's not for us" point of view, rather than their regular "**** this shit" point of view.

Anyway, I like them both. And that particular criticism of Family Guy is basically ridiculous, because that's exactly why people LIKE Family Guy. There's a loose story and then some randomness. They don't watch Family Guy for it's intricate plot lines and story twists, they watch it because it's half animated sit com, half animated sketch show.

It's like criticising South Park for being crude. Yeah, well done.

Simpsons is better than both of them. Such unbelievably good satire. But hey I like em all.

You guys would hate the cinema in Hungary then , most of the time people are talking to their mates on mobile phones during the film ... The are a funny nation , an old lady gets on a tram and they all fall over themselves to give her their seat , but can they stand to one side on an escalator , hold a door open for you or sit quietly through a film ... Nay f&@king chance

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â