The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Why would it be regarded as a 'sick' joke and why do you consider it shite? Because all the media does? Sad. Superb plot, Gerard Butler plays his role immensely.

No I don't consider it to be shite because the media says it is, I consider it to be shite because it is shite. Superb plot? Really ? The plot is one of the more stupid flaws in a generally stupid film. Each to their own I guess but if you say this is class and 5/5 then you must have seen very few films. What would you give The Shawshank redemption or The Godfather?

Is '9' any good? Got it for my neice and I to watch?

I quite enjoyed '9' to be honest. It really deserves more praise in my opinion. It looks brilliant, although the plot can be a bit clunky at times. Worth the watch and I would say it is actually aimed more at adults than children, due to how dark it is.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen earlier. 5 out of 5. Class!

Is that a sick joke?

Wildly implausible tosh.

The film's entertainment value resides almost entirely in the ingenuity of Butler's modus operandi; but this is cancelled out by the film's underlying stupidity.

Relentlessly ugly, preposterous and hackneyed of dialogue

Arguably the most preposterous picture of the year.

Full of incoherent, spitting rage, ignorant, paranoid violence and a complete lack of internal logic.

That was just a handful!

Truly awful film, aimed at the brainless.

To be honest you recommended 'The Goods Live Hard Sell Hard' which got worse reviews than Law Abiding Citizen and is a truly terrible film.

The point being you both enjoyed your chosen films, regardless of how shit they both are.

Each to their own...

Why would it be regarded as a 'sick' joke and why do you consider it shite? Because all the media does? Sad. Superb plot, Gerard Butler plays his role immensely.

No I don't consider it to be shite because the media says it is, I consider it to be shite because it is shite. Superb plot? Really ? The plot is one of the more stupid flaws in a generally stupid film. Each to their own I guess but if you say this is class and 5/5 then you must have seen very few films. What would you give The Shawshank redemption or The Godfather?

Never seen them. And what's the proper definition for a flaw?

Never seen them. And what's the proper definition for a flaw?

* this is going to contain huge spoilers *

the idea that anyone, leading CIA agent or not could build that kind of a network under a prison for one, the part where he's after the steak but yet they keep him with a cellmate, as much as i enjoyed it the bullet in a mobile phone - its just not going to happen is it, even the part where the one got killed and the other one got a small sentence seemed far fetched

like i said i didnt mind the film, but it was a bit daft

and the godfather might not float everyones boat, its good but IMO not one of the best films of all time, but you really should watch shawshank

To be honest you recommended 'The Goods Live Hard Sell Hard' which got worse reviews than Law Abiding Citizen and is a truly terrible film.

The point being you both enjoyed your chosen films, regardless of how shit they both are.

Each to their own...

I said the Goods was "pretty funny" . I didn't say it was class or give it 100% . It is not the same at all, but you are right though about each to their own. The goods is intentionally "shit" IMO. It is supposed to be a stupid comedy. Law abiding citizen takes it self seriously but ends up making a right **** of it. There is a difference between recommending a film and giving a shit one a five star review.

I stand by what I said, Law abiding citizen is an absolute abortion of a film.

I watched 'An Education' last night out of sheer morbid curiosity(/Carey Mulligan) and was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. Was expecting something of a high brow chick flick for some reason. Recommended. And Alfred Molina's protrayal of the middle class dad raises a smile or 2, and Mulligan's worth drooling over... Good stuff.

Each to their own...

I said the Goods was "pretty funny" . I didn't say it was class or give it 100% . It is not the same at all, but you are right though about each to their own. The goods is intentionally "shit" IMO. It is supposed to be a stupid comedy. Law abiding citizen takes it self seriously but ends up making a right **** of it. There is a difference between recommending a film and giving a shit one a five star review.

Law Abiding Citizen > you.

Each to their own...

Is that your argument? Grow up kid.

So because 'The Goods' is an obvious comedy it can get away with being absolute shite!?

Law Abiding Citizen is only poor if you take it seriously, and if your doing that then god forbid.

Both films are shit and shouldn't be taken seriously, you might enjoy them one day and the other realise their shocking.

Whilst the next person might always enjoy them.

Each to their own...

Your right I think, I don't see many films. Maybe it just kind of makes me think 'What do I look for in a film'? When people say the acting was awful, I just follow on because I don't know how people are meant to act in a movie/programme? Have they got to try and act like a typical human being or put on a proper full on effort in what they might be doing that some of us won't do? I may not see many films but I imagine you would agree that Gerard Butler in himself is a good actor. But here's a question for you, what do you look for in a film if say it was a thriller like the Law Abiding Citizen? Next question is what are your top 5 movies of all time? (If you don't mind answering).

after george clooney got an oscar nod ive been wondering the same thing!

law abiding citizen should be IMO interesting characters, a nah it would never happen but it could storyline, and a big reveal, what it did was have a decent who's the baddie who's the goodie element, a poor underdeveloped relationship between jamie foxx and the blonde girl, some good deaths and a silly reveal, plus IMO all the acting should be flawless because its not exactly demanding (which i wouldnt criticise, Butler and Foxx were both ok), it wasnt as good as say state of play

top 5 films and im putting trilogies in -

star wars (old ones, ESB is the greatest film ever IMO, best opening, best ending and the 2 best lines ever - "luke, i am your father.... and "i love you" "i know")

LOTR

Aliens

saving private ryan

you only live twice

best film ive seen recently was gone baby gone

Each to their own...

Your right I think, I don't see many films. Maybe it just kind of makes me think 'What do I look for in a film'? When people say the acting was awful, I just follow on because I don't know how people are meant to act in a movie/programme? Have they got to try and act like a typical human being or put on a proper full on effort in what they might be doing that some of us won't do? I may not see many films but I imagine you would agree that Gerard Butler in himself is a good actor. But here's a question for you, what do you look for in a film if say it was a thriller like the Law Abiding Citizen? Next question is what are your top 5 movies of all time? (If you don't mind answering).

1.Downfall (Hitlers last hours)

2.City of God

3.Man on Fire ( A billion times better than Law abiding whatever)

4.Airplane

5.The Matrix (Only the first one mind)

1. The Godfather part 2

2. Ghostbusters

3. Goodfellas

4. The Hurt Locker

5. Sexy Beast.

That's two sets of 5 and I couldn't say they were my final choices at all. I would have trouble making a top 100 list never mind just 5.

yep, i love bond films so had to put my favourite rather than all 20, this was one of the 1st i can remember seeing, fake's his death, volcano lair, piranhas eating a muscular eastern european man, blofeld and the cat, little nelly etc etc

brilliant film

and if your a bond fan and notice how they integrate the theme tune into the main film, nancy sinatra's you only live twice fits perfectly, the strings fit into the cinematography (this IMO is the downfall of modern bond songs, the arrangements arent good enough to blend them into the background music)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â