The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Commando is a fantastic film, especially with the bad guy that looks like Freddie Mercury

The legend that is Vernon Wells.

Also played the maniacal Wez in The Road Warrior...

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Enjoyed this one tonight...

spacer.png

Interesting take on the 'descent into madness' story, with Aisling Franciosi giving a good performance as a Stop Motion animator increasingly struggling to separate fantasy and reality with often bloody and unsettling consequences. 

Good stuff.

Edited by Designer1

Just watched the first omen. Very very good.

Thought it was going to be lame but very good. They should have done this is as a remake as now they cant really go anywhere else with it after the first three omen films. Only thing they could do is a omen between the films 2 and 3 as he was a youngster in 2 and a grown adult in 3. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The legend that is Vernon Wells.

Also played the maniacal Wez in The Road Warrior...

spacer.png

Let off some steam Bennett

I attended my first ever film festival last weekend (25th/26th May)

It's only a small one, held in my mom's home town in Ireland. The Fastnet Film Festival. Purely coincidental, my trip was planned before I realised the festival was on.

Didn't manage to see as much as I'd have liked due to having a 2 year old, but still got to do a fair bit.

During the day they mostly showed short films. you just popped along for an hour and they'd show 4 or 5 short films. All free. So I did two of those sessions.
Then in the evening and during the day on Sunday they showed more feature length films. So I managed to see Evil Dead Rise (their theme this year was horror) and Bloody Sunday, followed by an hour's Q&A with James Nesbitt

Had a really great time, just wish I could have spent more time exploring it.

West Cork is a bit of a quirk in that it's a very small, rural place but has quite a lot of celebrity residents (or second home residents). So people like Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones were there, Greg Dyke hosted the Q&A with Nesbitt. Graham Norton has been at the festival before, Adrian Dunbar, people like that.

Really cool, I'll be trying to go again next year and hopefully spend more time watching movies!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Did anybody catch Bones and All on TV last night? I missed it but will watch it on iPlayer at some point soon. Heard very good things.

Saw it at the flicks last year and really enjoyed it.

Chalamet and (especially) Rylance are excellent.

• Like 1

IMG-9892.jpg

Anyone else see this? Finally got around to watching it last night after reading lots of positive hype, mostly from indie sources. Have mixed feelings, interested to hear other opinions 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Principal photography just started on Project Hail Mary. Oh god damn am I excited for this one. 

Is that the one with the alien? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

IMG-9892.jpg

Anyone else see this? Finally got around to watching it last night after reading lots of positive hype, mostly from indie sources. Have mixed feelings, interested to hear other opinions 

Yeah enjoyed it. Avoided a lot of the usual coming of age tropes.

The director also made the brilliant Fish Tank and Red Road which I thought were superior films.

Edited by Designer1
Added red road

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah enjoyed it. Avoided a lot of the usual coming of age tropes.

The director also made the brilliant Fish Tank and Red Road which I thought were superior films.

👍👍 aware of those two but haven’t seen them yet 

Posted (edited)

Hopefully it'll be good. Agree that the camera angle being quite low in many shots makes the corridors and rooms look bigger which means it loses some of that claustrophobic feel the original movie had which is a shame. This seem to use the Evil Dead camera angle while the old Alien movie had the camera more at shoulder height.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

Hopefully it'll be good. Agree that the camera angle being quite low in many shots makes the corridors and rooms look bigger which means it loses some of that claustrophobic feel the original movie had which is a shame. This seem to use the Evil Dead camera angle while the old Alien movie had the camera more at shoulder height.

Looks better than the Ridley Scott prequels.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Principal photography just started on Project Hail Mary. Oh god damn am I excited for this one. 

Loved the book! Will be interesting to see how it transposed into film. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HKP90 said:

It's got the Gosling, it's already a winner.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â