The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Equalizer 3 over the weekend, just wanted some non critical thinking, fast moving actions from Denzel.

It was pretty shit, the only worthy actions happened at the first 2mins of start and probably the restaurant scene at a push.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Finally got to see The Damned United last night. Lots of thoughts. Seems like the sort of film Guardian- and Indy-reading people who see some deeper meaning in sport -- people like me and you! 😉😁  -- might enjoy. Not sure if I really believed how Don Revie is portrayed, but I didn't really care. I love the scene where Don Revie picks up the telephone late at night in his frilly, flouncy, shaggy seventies bedroom. I reckon the other American who saw this film would have been more confused than me, but I ate it up from beginning to end, pretty much. I suspect the film is actually better than the novel, knowing what I know about it, but regardless, Michael Sheen's acting is transcendent, and the comparison probably doesn't matter. Sheen turns Brian Clough into a truly heartbreaking and human figure, someone fragile and selfish and quixotic and so inspiring. Loved it.

Top film, and the book was decent, but I much preferred this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Provided-You-Dont-Kiss-Me-ebook/dp/B002RI9QYY - I'm not sure it's 100% factual, I think the author himself said it was 'a bit of story' based on factual events, but it's a fantastic read if you're after more.

Back on films, watched Fire In Babylon the other night, story of West Indies cricket over the years. Decent, expected a little more. 7/10

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Gets more stretched each one. Although this one got better reviews I did not enjoy it half as much as the others, prefer the one's based around the clubs with all the usual suspects

I enjoyed the one with Vinnie Jones in the most. Origins I think. 

Just watched "Boy Kills World" mindless violence cranked up to 11. Good fun.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Watched The Equalizer 3 over the weekend, just wanted some non critical thinking, fast moving actions from Denzel.

It was pretty shit, the only worthy actions happened at the first 2mins of start and probably the restaurant scene at a push.

First one great. Second one soooooooo bad. I might have seen the third but forgotten about it

On 21/05/2024 at 21:06, mykeyb said:

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, best film I have seen this year.

Really enjoyed this. Definitely recommend. One of Guy Richie's best.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, imavillan said:

watched this tonight and thought is was very good. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Story set in my birth state of North Carolina but I believe filmed in Louisiana. Have heard good things, need to watch this 👍👍

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

Old movie night.

Wife has picked Road House, I’ve picked Commando 😃

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Old movie night.

Original Road House is a classic. Kelly Lynch 😍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Old movie night.

Commando is a fantastic film, especially with the bad guy that looks like Freddie Mercury

I also like the part where the guy says in the bar that comes there hunting slash🤣 He was the one  he said he was going to kill last,

but he lied🤣

I eat Green Berries for breakfast

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Old movie night.

You finally worn the Debbie Does Dallas vhs tape out?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Date night 

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Commando is a fantastic film, especially with the bad guy that looks like Freddie Mercury

Just said that to :crylaugh:the missus

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I also like the part where the guy says in the bar that comes there hunting slash🤣 He was the one  he said he was going to kill last,

but he lied🤣

I eat Green Berries for breakfast

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired"

Even the ATC staff in the tower would have heard you snap his neck Arnie! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Meh, never liked that one, always preferred "Babyface" ;)

Specifically that sexy blonde being rogered to the music of Grange Hill.

Unforgettable 😂

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â