The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Scorpio Rising (Kenneth Anger) - Pretty good, I like these Kenneth Anger films

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Scorpio Rising (Kenneth Anger) - Pretty good, I like these Kenneth Anger films

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (Pedro Almodóvar) - Colurful, enjoyed it. 

Yes. Two classic films. 

You're the poster whose interests most closely align with mine in this thread, just as @MakemineVanilla's do in the books thread. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah this ones timeline is between saw 1 and 2 therfore i think it will be very good as tobin bell will have suxh a major role in it along with amanda.

The last two have been ok but its just not the same with the original jigsaw

Makes you wonder how many they are gonna go for as they can do thia kind of thing fos a while 

Very much looking forward to it, bit of a guilty pleasure for me these films. Massive horror fan but so much of the genre is just haunted house / ghost types now.

9 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Very much looking forward to it, bit of a guilty pleasure for me these films. Massive horror fan but so much of the genre is just haunted house / ghost types now.

Yeah im a big saw fan. Its incredible the franchise has done so many and still been popular 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I was surprised to see how many The Ring had. 

Didn't realise they'd done a 3rd movie (Hollywood).

It's a shame because the original Hollywood version is one of the best horror movies ever. Better than the japanese original in every way (imo). I hate it when they taint great movies with shit sequels

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Especially the ones that are dogshit like Saw.

Never even got the fuss about the first one. 

Was more of a comedy then a horror film (largely due to Cary Elwes) with the premise.

Not seen it in 15 odd years and still remember laughing at the scene along the lines of him walking along with the voice-over "I couldn't help feeling I was being watched", immediately followed by the loud sound of camera clicking and the whole screen flashing with light.

Same with things like Fast and Furious but each to their own. I like the Marvel films (up to Endgame) and their rubbish to a lot of people. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Was more of a comedy then a horror film (largely due to Cary Elwes) with the premise.

Not seen it in 15 odd years and still remember laughing at the scene along the lines of him walking along with the voice-over "I couldn't help feeling I was being watched", immediately followed by the loud sound of camera clicking and the whole screen flashing with light.

Same with things like Fast and Furious but each to their own. I like the Marvel films (up to Endgame) and their rubbish to a lot of people. 

I loved the first one to be fair. But everything from Saw 2 onwards (that I saw anyway) was shit

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

You got to be a fan as each one links with one an another. Its all personal taste but clearly there ia demand and interest for these films as they keep making more and money

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Good to know. Already seen Oppenheimer and tickets for Barbie are booked for tomorrow.

It’s hard to imagine two more different films, which I guess is what’s fuelled this whole fake rivalry. 

But they’re both great in their own way. Oppenheimer is the better movie but to be honest not by much

• Like 1

I thought Oppie  was amazing. Maybe a bit too long and too much of the Strauss character. Good to see Feynman's bongos.

Cheeky words removed showed 25 minutes of ads and trailers before a three hour film and they wonder why cinemas are closing down.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, coda said:

Cheeky words removed showed 25 minutes of ads and trailers before a three hour film and they wonder why cinemas are closing down.

Last film I saw in the cinema was Parasite, just before Covid.

I just don’t really have any pressing desire to go to them anymore.

• Like 1

Just seen Oppenheimer, terrific. I'd watched the Storyville doc on the iplayer a few days before to get the basics and the film does a remarkable job. A return to form for Nolan and the 3 hours didn't even feel that long either which is an achievement. Aside from Cillian Murphy I had no idea who was in the film going and there were so many 'oh he/she is in it aswell' moments :D

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s hard to imagine two more different films, which I guess is what’s fuelled this whole fake rivalry. 

But they’re both great in their own way. Oppenheimer is the better movie but to be honest not by much

18 hours ago, El Zen said:

Just going in to see Barbie now. GF’s choice, but I’m optmistic. 

I thought it was terrific. Really well made,  lots of fun and visually dazzling.

Special mention for Ryan Gosling who must be one of the most versatile actors of his generation.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â