The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I watched “A Quiet Place” last night. Never before have I watched a film with so many holes in the plot and behaviour of the characters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sne said:

Cheers for that, there’s a load that didn’t even make that video.

Big one for me, they always left their home doors open. They do other things during their day that makes a bit of noise… but they still felt closing the doors quietly to keep the monsters out was a bit risky :lol: 

I’m really surprised it scored 7.5 on IMDB.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Cheers for that, there’s a load that didn’t even make that video.

Big one for me, they always left their home doors open. They do other things during their day that makes a bit of noise… but they still felt closing the doors quietly to keep the monsters out was a bit risky :lol: 

I’m really surprised it scored 7.5 on IMDB.

It's a great movie, but you do have to overlook the plotholes.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a great movie, but you do have to overlook the plotholes.

It’s well made for sure, but I just couldn’t get past the holes in it. Why the father in particular wasn’t so bothered about not knowing where the kids were. Why they didn’t close the doors, how they had electricity, why the children sank in the grain then when the monster arrived didn’t sink anymore… Many others that were front and centre and made it impossible to ignore them. 

Edited by Genie

Watched the batman, its good and worth a watch, loved what they did with the penguin, the story in general is decent, him who played batman was fine, looks good, script acting etc all fine, dani was great

still got that DC overly moody and depressing feel to it though even if they nailed the music in it (which other dc films get horribly wrong) I loved how they did the bond-esque stealing of chords from the main song to feed in to the rest of the soundtrack, nirvana* is all over it and it really works

I'd say its flirting with the Nolan films but falls just short of the dark Knight, that's not bad going at all

*I'm not a nirvana fan, heard something in the way for the first time ever about 2 months ago on another film / show and like it so it's weird that it's now in this too

Finally got around to watching Legend (the Hardy one). Really enjoyed it. Funny and ticks along very nicely. The old man isn't a big film watcher but he laughed out loud a few times at Ronnie's antics ("f**king sing"). Hardy was brilliant as usual.

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

Watched The Menu earlier.

A brilliant little pitch black cynical comedy/horror.

Watch it.

It's excellent

On 09/01/2023 at 08:56, Genie said:

I watched “A Quiet Place” last night. Never before have I watched a film with so many holes in the plot and behaviour of the characters. 

I really liked A Quiet Place, sure it's stupid but it's a great film imo. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah me too, wouldn't say no to a 3rd film or TV show, it's silly but it works

Yeah, for all the ridiculous “why are they doing that?” moments I am still keen to watch number 2. 

There is a number 3 in the works confirmed by Paramount too. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, for all the ridiculous “why are they doing that?” moments I am still keen to watch number 2. 

There is a number 3 in the works confirmed by Paramount too. 

Number 2 pushes what they get away with a bit further, the film establishes boundaries and then over steps them but because I like the setting and the boundaries that it created Im OK with them doing it

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Number 2 pushes what they get away with a bit further, the film establishes boundaries and then over steps them but because I like the setting and the boundaries that it created Im OK with them doing it

Cheers, it’s pencilled into the diary for tomorrow night. 

23 hours ago, BOF said:

Finally got around to watching Legend (the Hardy one). Really enjoyed it. Funny and ticks along very nicely. The old man isn't a big film watcher but he laughed out loud a few times at Ronnie's antics ("f**king sing"). Hardy was brilliant as usual.

All about opinions but I genuinely wonder how Hardy gets work  , I've seen better range and emotion from a  packet of Twiglets 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

All about opinions but I genuinely wonder how Hardy gets work  , I've seen better range and emotion from a  packet of Twiglets 

I still think his best performance is in Stuart a Life Backwards. He's outstanding in that. Very good in The Take, The Revenant, Bronson and Warrior too.

His performance as Ron in Legend was like something from an episode of Little Britain though. Completely spoils that movie for me.

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I still think his best performance is in Stuart a Life Backwards. He's outstanding in that. Very good in The Take, The Revenant, Bronson and Warrior too.

His performance as Ron in Legend was like something from an episode of Little Britain though. Completely spoils that movie for me.

He also somehow makes Locke an interesting watch. He doesn't take the easy way out with his roles. If anything, I'd say he's braver with his range than many in Hollywood.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â