The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

just got back from phantom menace 3D

god damn you lucas, its a **** awful film as it is, if it wasnt for darth maul / duel of fates it would be one of the worst films ever, but to then charge you that much for 3D when a good 75% of it isnt is a disgrace, just another 5 more of them to watch then...

are you saying that most of the 3D version of the film isn't actually in 3D?

yes! to be fair i havent seen that many 3D films but the ones i have when you lift the glasses the screen is blurry and you cant really see, star wars you could quite happily watch without the glasses on,most of the stuff in space is in 3D but say in the corusant or tattoine scenes the foreground so all of the characters on the screen arent in 3D but 1/2 objects in the background are

it is in no way shape or form what id call proper 3D, its a rip off

yes! to be fair i havent seen that many 3D films but the ones i have when you lift the glasses the screen is blurry and you cant really see, star wars you could quite happily watch without the glasses on,most of the stuff in space is in 3D but say in the corusant or tattoine scenes the foreground so all of the characters on the screen arent in 3D but 1/2 objects in the background are

it is in no way shape or form what id call proper 3D, its a rip off

that sounds awful!

3D should be all in 3D.

otherwise they should call it 2D3D, or something similar.

i once went to see Harry Potter 6 in 3D at Imax.

the first 10 mins were amazing, fully in 3D... and then they told you to take off the glasses and the rest of the film was standard 2D. what a con. dunno how they got away with advertising it as 3D.

It was always going to be poor 3D to be honest. This is always the case when done in post production. In order for 3D to be even slightly good (despite the fact I always think it is pointless) the film needs to be shot that way. Adding it later on only leads to a poor finished product.

Tomorrow when the war began

Australia gets invaded by some overpopulated Asians who want their space so some kids decide to go and defeat the invasion force

utter garbage that is so flawed it's near pointless, it's a war film for 12 year olds, worst film I've seen in a while

Tomorrow when the war began

Australia gets invaded by some overpopulated Asians who want their space so some kids decide to go and defeat the invasion force

utter garbage that is so flawed it's near pointless, it's a war film for 12 year olds, worst film I've seen in a while

Yes well, that's what a low budget does to a truly amazing book series. I grew up on the series and it was a shame it was made into such a poor film.

Although it does have a certain Rachel Kinski from Neighbours in it. Fap Fap Fap *checks her age* FAP FAP

Woman in Black

- great fun, though sadly forgot it was half term this week. Sat next to two little word removed 12 years who kept talking, swearing and mobile phoning throughout. DEATH to kids in cinema. :twisted:

Radcliffe is too young though and ending is lame, but otherwise, having seen the stage show, was impressed by how the suspense was translated. I'm not a horror fan normally, so this was suitably scary enough for me!

Katzlemacher - Rainer Fassbinder 1968, very stark white cinematography, fascinating portrait of disaffected west german young adults, with undercurrent of violence towards the foreigner. Not for anyone looking for some casual entertainment though.

Intimate Enemies 2007, Fr ( Ennemis Intimes) great film about the Algerian War, follows it from perspective mostly from a French platoon. Some great performances and reveals some of the contemporary issues, not least the infamous torture, and some of the misunderstood questions of loyalty with algerians on either side, who had fought for france in the second world war. Stylished action at times lends it a hollywood esque gloss which, coupled with its characterisation makes for an excellent blend of entertainment and thought-provokingness.

I watched Snakes on a Plane for the first time the other night.

WORST. FILM. EVER.

Yet, I continued to watch it until the very end. Why? Maybe it was because I just got in from work and couldn't sleep but maybe, just maybe I wondered how much worse it could get (which was lots).

Because it's so bad it's funny.

I had the same when I watched "Epic Movie". One of the worst pieces of garbage I've ever seen. Truly, honestly, worthless.

Still watched the whole thing though!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â