The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Tonight - The Collector..... pretty dire, a saw wannabe which was both predictable and unscary/shocking

Tomorrow night - Outside The Law. Hoping for much better things!

Agreed. Got boring. But IIRC the girl had quite nice tits. :-P

Tonight - The Collector..... pretty dire, a saw wannabe which was both predictable and unscary/shocking

Tomorrow night - Outside The Law. Hoping for much better things!

Agreed. Got boring. But IIRC the girl had quite nice tits. :-P

Oh yes - she did!!!! If you liked Madeline Zima, check her out in Californication 8)

Anybody watched Cowboys and Aliens? Christ that was a terrible movie.

Yes, I mentioned how awful this was a few pages back. Luckily I saw a free screening of it as it wasn't worth a bloody penny. One of the worst films I have ever seen, especially considering the budget.

Wiggyrichard, I've seen 'TTSS' and thought it was really good.

I can't wait until Friday though as I can finally see 'Drive'. I'm going after work and am really looking forward to it. Actually I'm planning on having quite a cinema-filled weekend. Off to see 'Warrior' and the re-release of 'Jurassic Park' too.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - saw it this evening and was left unsatisfied. Can't understand the hype. I mean it's evidentally a really excellent story and I feel like I would love to read the novel - because there must be so much more in that that had to be cut for the film version.

I mean, as a mood piece for the era, fantastic. Hurt, Oldman, Strong, Cumberbatch all splendid individual performances, and in many ways it is excellent, but as a spy thriller it does not thrill. The revelation is so irrelevant and a waste of time in that it made no difference to the overall feel of the film, it might as well not have even happened.

There are great points in this, and the studied paranoia, the subtleties etc all hint at what must be a superb book and possibly tv series ( I presume, having seen neither ) but i don't think it works as a film because so little attention is paid to alleged suspects, you can't possibly give a toss about who it is, though it also doesn't exactly take a genius to work out who it is, not least because why cast such a renowned actor and give him such little screen time if he's not going to be the tada revelation.

But overall, still a solid, well made production, just a pity a little more consideration wasn't given to creating engagement with a few rather key personnel and their interconnectivity.

6.5/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - saw it this evening and was left unsatisfied. Can't understand the hype. I mean it's evidentally a really excellent story and I feel like I would love to read the novel - because there must be so much more in that that had to be cut for the film version.

I mean, as a mood piece for the era, fantastic. Hurt, Oldman, Strong, Cumberbatch all splendid individual performances, and in many ways it is excellent, but as a spy thriller it does not thrill. The revelation is so irrelevant and a waste of time in that it made no difference to the overall feel of the film, it might as well not have even happened.

There are great points in this, and the studied paranoia, the subtleties etc all hint at what must be a superb book and possibly tv series ( I presume, having seen neither ) but i don't think it works as a film because so little attention is paid to alleged suspects, you can't possibly give a toss about who it is, though it also doesn't exactly take a genius to work out who it is, not least because why cast such a renowned actor and give him such little screen time if he's not going to be the tada revelation.

But overall, still a solid, well made production, just a pity a little more consideration wasn't given to creating engagement with a few rather key personnel and their interconnectivity.

6.5/10

Pretty much sums it up for me. Good film but definitely didn't live up to expectations.

It beats my when anyone who saw the trailer would go on to watch the whole movie

Nothing better to do on the day, unfortunately.

Yes, I mentioned how awful this was a few pages back. Luckily I saw a free screening of it as it wasn't worth a bloody penny. One of the worst films I have ever seen, especially considering the budget.

Ah, my bad. I didn't check.

The only reason why I mentioned it is because I checked the reviews for the movie and it actually got some pretty decent reviews. I was shocked.

That's the great thing about films though. Some people will like what other people consider to be awful and it's all down to personal taste.

I just couldn't see a single thing that was good about that film though. Well, the initial idea was promising but it was executed so badly...

hollowman2.jpg

Im torn on this one really Christian Slater is immense in films such as Broken Arrow and Hard Rain but in this he's utter dog shit.

He's worse in this than he is in Alone in the dark

There is no kevin bacon in this one either not enough bacon for my liking

32b8e4bc-cf5a-43de-bbf6-b1e3be362183.jpg

5/10

Off to see TTSS tonight. Can't wait

Probably the most disappointed I've been in a long time at a film.

Thought it was thoroughly dull to be honest. NOt necessarily a bad film, just not for me.

I felt they made a relatively straight forward story falsely complicated by just making it disjointed. I spent the whole time trying to figure out what was going on and not understanding whether I should know or not.

There are some films that do that in a good way. This one didn't, I don't think. It felt like a chore.

Some good performances, and as I said, i'm not sure it's actually a bad film, it just wasn't for me. I didn't get it. I guessed the result pretty early on and despite the attempts to confuse the storyline, ended up back at my original assumption.

As I said, disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â