The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

17 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Watched Road House 1989 today. One of my all time favourite dumb action movies.

Best scene..... 

Hey buddy what are you doing are you gonna kiss em or not....

I can't

What do you mean you can't

I aint got 20 bucks.

That film really is a classic. Kelly Lynch is smoking hot in it 9/10 WB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

That film really is a classic. Kelly Lynch is smoking hot in it 9/10 WB

https://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/bill-murray-likes-to-call-kelly-lynchs-husband-every-time-he-sees-patrick-swayze-having-sex-with-her-in-road-house/

"Every time Road House is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV — and they’re always watching TV — one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler], “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” [Away from the receiver.] What? Oh, my God. Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia."

Love the film, she's great in it, love Bill Murray, love it all so much more knowing this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So… I just found out there is a Dogtanian and the muskerhounds movie 

if they’ve bastardised  the theme tune I will hunt them down 

now just have to convince my kids they really want to watch it 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

About half hour in to Highlander and my jaw can barely take any more. I don't remember it being this funny. 

A Police helicopter just broke up a fight between Conner and Kurgen  and shouts "Get back here" over the loud speaker .

And the Scotland scenes ...Jesus.🤣

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

About half hour in to Highlander and my jaw can barely take any more. I don't remember it being this funny. 

A Police helicopter just broke up a fight between Conner and Kurgen  and shouts "Get back here" over the loud speaker .

And the Scotland scenes ...Jesus.🤣

I like the bit where the French bloke playing a Scottish bloke explains to the Scottish bloke playing a Spanish bloke what a haggis is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I like the bit where the French bloke playing a Scottish bloke explains to the Scottish bloke playing a Spanish bloke what a haggis is.

The first fight in the car park against Chuck McGill had me howling. There is a ten second scene of Chuck McGill backflipping through the car park for no reason whatsoever.

• Haha 1

The Dark and the Wicked

Jesus, bloody Hell

Did not think I could be genuinely troubled by a horror flick at my age

Dark

9.78/10 

Edited by Follyfoot

18 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The Dark and the Wicked

Jesus, bloody Hell

Did not think I could be genuinely troubled by a horror flick at my age

Dark

9.78/10 

Yeah thought it was great.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wait . . . are they going backwards now?

This is the all female cast version.
They seemed to have tried to copy the natural chemistry and banter that Brad Pitt / George Clooney / Matt Damon etc had and applied it to a bunch of actresses and it fails completely.

I love the Oceans series, I love the original. I love a heist film. The problem for Oceans 8 is basically everything about it. Casting, script, some of the acting. The editing and camera work. Everything. **** ghastly film. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I love the Oceans series, I love the original. I love a heist film. The problem for Oceans 8 is basically everything about it. Casting, script, some of the acting. The editing and camera work. Everything. **** ghastly film. 

Love a good heist film too, 3 of my favorites to recommend just incase you haven't seen them, all brilliant.

The Asphalt Jungle 1950

The Killing 1956

Rififi 1955

• Thanks 1

Welcome to Collinwood. It's the ultimate heist-movie. William H. Macy, Sam Rockwell, Michael Jeter, Luis Guzmán, it even has George Clooney in one of the roles.

Amazon.com: Welcome to Collinwood: George Clooney, Sam Rockwell, William H.  Macy, Isaiah Washington, Michael Jeter, Luis Guzmán, John Buck Jr.,  Patricia Clarkson, Andy Davoli, Brett C. Leonard, Frank O'Donnell, Peter  Veneziano, Anthony

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

This is the all female cast version.
They seemed to have tried to copy the natural chemistry and banter that Brad Pitt / George Clooney / Matt Damon etc had and applied it to a bunch of actresses and it fails completely.

Sounds like they should have maybe just made a funny film with talented actresses rather than copying the idea of a different film.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 18:00, Brumerican said:

The first fight in the car park against Chuck McGill had me howling. There is a ten second scene of Chuck McGill backflipping through the car park for no reason whatsoever.

😂😂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Genie said:

Just watching Oceans 8, it’s shit. It really doesn’t work at all.

Ssshhh... its brave and empowering :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Best thing I've seen this year...

spacer.png

Watched, thanks for the rec mate, its very good.

Best not to say anything about it as the less you know the better. 

Spoiler

What did you think of the post credit ending?

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â